Old February 2nd 05, 09:11 PM
patgkz

Default Radio-Mart Blowing Smoke?

In the latest round of auctions by radio-mart on ebay, he states that:

".... we only picture the "Actual" items listed. No trick photography, just
excellent equipment offered!! "

Check out his auction for a Yaesu FRG-7700 and some of the 7700 accessories.
The close-up photo's show links to Universal Radio's website.....these are
not actual close-up pics of his 7700. Click on the pics such as "s-meter",
"back panel", etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Just want prospective buyers to be aware.

Just trying to help.......good luck bidding.

Old February 2nd 05, 09:29 PM
Mark S. Holden

patgkz wrote:

In the latest round of auctions by radio-mart on ebay, he states that:

".... we only picture the "Actual" items listed. No trick photography, just
excellent equipment offered!! "

Check out his auction for a Yaesu FRG-7700 and some of the 7700 accessories.
The close-up photo's show links to Universal Radio's website.....these are
not actual close-up pics of his 7700. Click on the pics such as "s-meter",
"back panel", etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Just want prospective buyers to be aware.

Just trying to help.......good luck bidding.

To be fair to Martyn, it's possible he bought the radio from Universal.
Old February 3rd 05, 02:13 AM
DeWayne

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
patgkz wrote:

In the latest round of auctions by radio-mart on ebay, he states that:

".... we only picture the "Actual" items listed. No trick photography,
just
excellent equipment offered!! "

Check out his auction for a Yaesu FRG-7700 and some of the 7700
accessories.
The close-up photo's show links to Universal Radio's website.....these
are
not actual close-up pics of his 7700. Click on the pics such as
"s-meter",
"back panel", etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Just want prospective buyers to be aware.

Just trying to help.......good luck bidding.

To be fair to Martyn, it's possible he bought the radio from Universal.

From what I've seen of Universal's used prices I kind of doubt that Martyn
could make any money and might even lose money selling.

Old February 3rd 05, 12:00 PM
oingoboingo

patgkz wrote:

In the latest round of auctions by radio-mart on ebay, he states that:

".... we only picture the "Actual" items listed. No trick photography,
just
excellent equipment offered!! "

Check out his auction for a Yaesu FRG-7700 and some of the 7700
accessories.
The close-up photo's show links to Universal Radio's website.....these
are
not actual close-up pics of his 7700. Click on the pics such as
"s-meter",
"back panel", etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Just want prospective buyers to be aware.

Just trying to help.......good luck bidding.

To be fair to Martyn, it's possible he bought the radio from Universal.

From what I've seen of Universal's used prices I kind of doubt that

Martyn
could make any money and might even lose money selling.

Anyone who would purchase anything
from either Radio Mart or Universal is
a fool.

Old February 3rd 05, 05:16 PM
Michael Lawson

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

dxAce wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

oingoboingo wrote:

snip

Anyone who would purchase anything
from either Radio Mart or Universal is
a fool.

If Universal wasn't honest in describing used items they sell

folks
would be talking about it just like they do with Martyn.

Most of the complaints I've heard about them center on their on

line
ordering system - apparently if you want it quick, you should

phone in
the order.

I haven't ordered much from them, but I got good service.

Same here. Never had a problem with Universal. If I were looking

for a new radio
or accessory they'd be the folks I'd be ordering from.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I also like the fact they run dxing.com - it's a handy resource.

Interesting that you'd mention that as I was just over there looking

at old boatanchor
sets.

You too, eh? Much nicer than the original used receiver book
that Fred had put out; covers a lot more boatanchors than
that one did.

--Mike L.

Old February 3rd 05, 05:18 PM
Michael Lawson

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
oingoboingo wrote:
snip

Anyone who would purchase anything
from either Radio Mart or Universal is
a fool.

If Universal wasn't honest in describing used items they sell folks
would be talking about it just like they do with Martyn.

Most of the complaints I've heard about them center on their on line
ordering system - apparently if you want it quick, you should phone

in
the order.

I haven't ordered much from them, but I got good service.

I've had good service from them too over the
years, and never any complaints.

--Mike L.

Old February 4th 05, 07:09 AM
Telamon

patgkz wrote:

In the latest round of auctions by radio-mart on ebay, he states
that:

".... we only picture the "Actual" items listed. No trick
photography, just excellent equipment offered!! "

Check out his auction for a Yaesu FRG-7700 and some of the 7700
accessories. The close-up photo's show links to Universal
Radio's website.....these are not actual close-up pics of his
7700. Click on the pics such as "s-meter", "back panel", etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...673&item=57472
62165&rd =1&ssPageName=WDVW

Just want prospective buyers to be aware.

Just trying to help.......good luck bidding.

To be fair to Martyn, it's possible he bought the radio from
Universal.

From what I've seen of Universal's used prices I kind of doubt that
Martyn could make any money and might even lose money selling.

Anyone who would purchase anything from either Radio Mart or
Universal is a fool.

Oh great, now you tell me after I have already bought several radios
from Universal. The fact that I got the radios at a good price and that
they were delivered on time still makes those transactions foolish. I
guess the good service I got from Universal means nothing either.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 4th 05, 05:48 PM

why do you say that about universal ? I prefer Grove but universal
isn't that bad.

Old February 4th 05, 11:09 PM
Brian Hill

"oingoboingo" wrote in message

Anyone who would purchase anything
from either Radio Mart or Universal is
a fool.

What? Universal has always been a class act and great service to the SW
hobby.

B.H.

Old February 5th 05, 05:27 AM
Tom Sevart

"dxAce" wrote in message

Same here. Never had a problem with Universal. If I were looking for a new

radio
or accessory they'd be the folks I'd be ordering from.

Me too. That's who I've made all my major radio purchases from in the past
and have never had any trouble at all with them. Next time I buy another
new rig it will be through them.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS