Old March 28th 12, 06:46 PM
Junior Member

Default galaxy 959 or cobra 148gtl ???

thinking of getting an ssb cb which is best and why tnx tom
Old March 29th 12, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

eurus10 wrote:
thinking of getting an ssb cb which is best and why tnx tom

6 of one, half another a dozen of another.

The more toys in the radio, the more there is to break.
Stay away from the soundtracker 148s.
Don't waste money on "tune-ups"

Join cbtricks. This forum is dead.
Old March 30th 12, 11:34 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Baltimore[_2_] View Post
eurus10 wrote:
thinking of getting an ssb cb which is best and why tnx tom

6 of one, half another a dozen of another.

The more toys in the radio, the more there is to break.
Stay away from the soundtracker 148s.
Don't waste money on "tune-ups"

Join cbtricks. This forum is dead.
Truthfully - the 148 GTL isn't bad for what it is.

I actually like some Import radios such as the Connex or a unmolested Ranger 2950...

As Scott has said - the golden screwdriver has ruined more radios then it fixes.
Old March 31st 12, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I actually like some Import radios such as the Connex or a unmolested
Ranger 2950...

My 2950 turned all the way to the left, into a 2x455 driving a 4x2879; feeding my
102" stainless whip kicks big bad butt on 10 meters! In the middle of contests,
someone will stop for a moment and ask, "you're a mobile?" Happens every contest!

I've busted some serious pile-ups since the 10/11 meter bands opened in September.

I've logged 180 contacts for March and I haven't really spent a lot of time doing it.

Cobra 148GTL-DX Venom CB 0 May 30th 05 01:10 AM
Cobra 142 GTL and 148GTL moi Scanner 1 December 9th 04 05:28 AM
f/s cobra 148gtl Jerry Scanner 0 November 9th 04 09:41 PM
Cobra 148GTL oldgit CB 2 April 3rd 04 10:50 PM
cobra 148gtl michele CB 1 October 26th 03 07:56 PM