Old October 28th 05, 12:22 PM
RHF

Default ABOUT - Making a SWL Antenna out of 300 Ohm Twin Lead and TV Coax Cable

For One and All,

ABOUT - Making a Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna out of . . .
300 Ohm Twin Lead and TV Coax Cable.

READ - Hot "KISAP" Antenna for Shortwave (HF) Bands
- by Cliff Donley [K8TND]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RX320/message/2471

About this "KISAP" Twin Lead Shortwave Antenna :
+ This Antenna design uses a 33 Feet Dipole Horizontal Top
Antenna Element made of 300 Ohm Twin Lead; joined at the ends;
and Fed in the Center (Middle) of one of the two parallel wires.
+ Fed at the Center by a 7 Foot Vertical 'matching' Section
made from 300 Ohm Twin Lead.
+ The Bottom of this Vertical 'matching' Section is connected
to a 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm TV type (4:1) Matching Transformer.
+ This Matching Transformer is then connected to a 75 Ohm
Coax Cable Feed-in-Line going to your Radio Shack.

Some thoughts concerning the "KISAP" Twin Lead Antenna :
* What you have is basically a 33 Foot Long Dipole Antenna Element
that is resonant around 14 MHz. (Half Wave Length Dipole)
* The 7 Foot Vertical 'matching' Section is roughly an Eight
(1/8th) Wave Length Long.

Meter - - Top - - Matching
Band - - Dipole - Section
60M = = 95.4 Ft plus 23.9 Ft
49M = = 77.4 Ft plus 19.3 Ft
41M = = 64.8 Ft plus 16.2 Ft
31M = = 48.5 Ft plus 12.1 Ft
25M = = 39.5 Ft plus 9.9 Ft
22M = = 34.1 Ft plus 8.5 Ft
19M = = 30.3 Ft plus 7.6 Ft

SIZING - The KISAP Broadband Shortwave Antenna and . . .
Converting it to a Multi-Band "Windom" SWL Antenna
* Cut the Long-Arm of this Windom Antenna for the 49 Meter
Shortwave Band with the Long-Arm's Length = 38.52 Feet (62%)
* Cut the Short-Arm of this Windom Antenna for the 31 Meter
Shortwave Band with the Short-Arm's Length = 24.13 Feet (38%)
Total Length of this Top Windom Antenna would be 62.65 Feet
* Cut the Vertical-Leg of this Windom Antenna for the 19 Meter
Shortwave Band with the Vertical-Leg's Length = 15.15 Feet
Mount this Windom Antenna between 25 to 40 above ground with
30-31 Feet High being about right.

300 OHM TWIN LEAD ANTENNA SHORTWAVE LISTENER (SWL) READING LIST :

* Distributed Capacitance Twisted Loop (DCTL) for the
40 Meter Band Delta Loop Antenna - by Arnie Coro [CO2KK]
http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions...s/02-0115.html
Note - The "DCTL" was developed by Jim McLelland [WA6QBU]
http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions...l-antenna.html
DCTL = http://www.io.com/~n5fc/dctl_ant.htm

* An Antenna You Can Build & The Exterior Version
( At the bottom of the webpage )
http://www.tackyliving.com/article.php?id=61
For several Images of good build techniques.

* One of the simplest Antennas that can be made with
300 Ohm Twin Lead is the Twin-Lead-Folded-Dipole
http://members.shaw.ca/weskyscan/ima...ldedDipole.gif

* Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Dipole Antenna
that is built with 300 Ohm Twin Lead
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/2955
http://tinyurl.com/9ot4f

* The "Almost" Delta Loop Antenna
for Limited Space Shortwave Listening
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/5856

yes - more than you wanted to know - iane ~ RHF
.
.
.. .

= = = In ,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
= = = "Takato" s7s*ns @ y... wrote:

I've bought 50 meters of 300 ohm twin lead TV cables to make
an antenna for my SWLing. I don't understand much about antennas.
I've read through some of the designs on the web and I've come
up with 2 designs that I've attach with the message but I can't
decide on which to go with.

Base on my diagram here, can you guys please help me choose
the better design?

Sorry about that, I made a hyperlink but it didn't show.

Here's the link to the diagram:
http://planet.time.net.my/tiomanisla...en/antenna.gif

Thank you.
.
.
.. .
..
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = = Translation = = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.
.
.. .

The "Almost" Delta Loop Antenna for Limited Space Shortwave Listening (SWL) made from TV 'type' Parts RHF Shortwave 0 October 16th 05 12:34 PM
antenna suggestion HankG Shortwave 14 December 6th 04 06:24 PM
Help Please! Extremely Poor Reception In Turkey Rich Shortwave 12 December 30th 03 11:43 PM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Antenna 16 December 13th 03 04:01 PM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 04:01 PM