Old January 26th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default 60's Early 70's CB Those were the best days of CB Radio

Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's. Back in 1967 when I was a
kid I was living in New Jersey at Mcguire Airforce Base and I would go over
to the Army Mars Radio Station at Fort Dix and the Guys would let me play on
the CB Radio and was fun I traded something to one of those guys for a 5
channel Globe Star CB Base Mobile CB. I put up a Mobile antenna on the Roof
where i lived. I could talk about 20 or 30 miles with that setup, later I
moved to Sulphur Oklahoma in 1968 My dad bought a Hallicrafters CB 19 with
6 Channels and a 23 channel tune receiver and a Hy-Gain CLR 2 Omni base
antenna range was good where i lived... Those were the best days of CB Radio

Eddie

Old January 27th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Eddie Collins" wrote:
Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's. Back in 1967 when I was a
kid I was living in New Jersey at Mcguire Airforce Base and I would go
over to the Army Mars Radio Station at Fort Dix and the Guys would let me
play on the CB Radio and was fun I traded something to one of those guys
for a 5 channel Globe Star CB Base Mobile CB. I put up a Mobile antenna
on the Roof where i lived. I could talk about 20 or 30 miles with that
setup, later I moved to Sulphur Oklahoma in 1968 My dad bought a
Hallicrafters CB 19 with 6 Channels and a 23 channel tune receiver and a
Hy-Gain CLR 2 Omni base antenna range was good where i lived... Those
were the best days of CB Radio

Eddie

I remember the Browning Eagle ruling the roost back then, especially with a
beam antenna.

Goes to show what I know. (still have a Mark III)

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ 30GB/Month
Old January 27th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Eddie Collins" wrote in message

Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's.

Yep, started with a Cobra cam 88 (mid 60's) and a big stick, graduated to a
Browning AM Eagle (late 60's) that was hooked to a 4 element hornet on a
50ft tower. Had clear connect from N.E. Okla to west coast and back east as
far as the Bahamas. Didn't need any power and didn't have near the crap. RM~

Old January 27th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Rob Mills" wrote:
"Eddie Collins" wrote in message

Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's.

Yep, started with a Cobra cam 88 (mid 60's) and a big stick, graduated to
a Browning AM Eagle (late 60's) that was hooked to a 4 element hornet on
a 50ft tower. Had clear connect from N.E. Okla to west coast and back
east as far as the Bahamas. Didn't need any power and didn't have near
the crap. RM~

Check check.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ 30GB/Month
Old January 27th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
GHB GHB is offline

Yes I remember. I got my first 5 watt CB in 69 which was a TRC-18 Realistic
Mobile. Back in those days Realistics were good radios. I too lived in
Oklahoma close to the OKC metro and after moving out of state a while have
returned here. I was first introduced to CB radios at a late 60's family
gathering in Platt National Park which you surely know was on the south side
of Sulphur. We used to get up on that high bluff overlooking Sulphur with
walkie talkies and could easily make contact with local stations. Who
knows, we may have "rachet jawed" a little.
Scorpio

Old January 28th 07, 07:05 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Eddie Collins" wrote in message
Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's. Back in 1967 when I was a
kid I was living in New Jersey at Mcguire Airforce Base and I would go
over to the Army Mars Radio Station at Fort Dix and the Guys would let me
play on the CB Radio and was fun I traded something to one of those guys
for a 5 channel Globe Star CB Base Mobile CB. I put up a Mobile antenna on
the Roof where i lived. I could talk about 20 or 30 miles with that setup,
later I moved to Sulphur Oklahoma in 1968 My dad bought a Hallicrafters
CB 19 with 6 Channels and a 23 channel tune receiver and a Hy-Gain CLR 2
Omni base antenna range was good where i lived... Those were the best days
of CB Radio

Eddie

About 67 I got one of those converters you hook up to your car radio. My
radio wasnt in a car though and I had a rotatable dipole up about 40 ft.
Probably the best damn CB receiver I ever had. In about 1970-71 I built my
own TX mostly from parts salvaged from old TV chassis. Changed channels by
plugging in the right crystal in a tube socket on the front of the radio.
Getting a little feedback from the rx made it sound kind of echoy.

Old January 30th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Eddie Collins" wrote in message

Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's.

I picked up an item from the past at a flea mkt Saturday. It was a real
clean Turner 252 desk mic with a like new Vibratrol CA-300 compressor
amplifier. The Vibratrol was quite popular back in those days, I had forgot
all about them until I saw this one. RM~