Old December 15th 03, 05:45 PM
Mike Sims

Default Need a cost efective tower BADLY

I'm trying to do a point to point 802.11b connection to two friends
houses. This will be my 5th personal installation for wireless point to
point. I have trees in the way on both sides, and need a cost effective
way to get these antennas up 50 feet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for accomplishing this?

Thank You,

Mike Sims
Old December 15th 03, 09:23 PM
'Doc

Buy a tower?
'Doc
Old December 15th 03, 10:53 PM
Mike Coslo

'Doc wrote:

Buy a tower?
'Doc

I wish I'd thought of that! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 15th 03, 10:57 PM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:45:33 -0800, Mike Sims
wrote:

I'm trying to do a point to point 802.11b connection to two friends
houses. This will be my 5th personal installation for wireless point to
point. I have trees in the way on both sides, and need a cost effective
way to get these antennas up 50 feet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for accomplishing this?

Thank You,

Mike Sims

Radio Shack makes a 36' push-up pole for $69. If that won't do it,
call Texas Towers in Dallas -- see their web site for phone #.

Bob
k5qwg

Old December 16th 03, 02:07 AM
Roger Halstead

wrote:

I'm trying to do a point to point 802.11b connection to two friends
houses. This will be my 5th personal installation for wireless point to
point. I have trees in the way on both sides, and need a cost effective
way to get these antennas up 50 feet.

Is it legal?

Roger (K8RI)

Does anyone have any suggestions for accomplishing this?

Thank You,

Mike Sims

Radio Shack makes a 36' push-up pole for $69. If that won't do it,
call Texas Towers in Dallas -- see their web site for phone #.

Bob
k5qwg

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Return address modified due to dumb virus checkers

Old December 17th 03, 07:25 PM
Cecil Moore

Mike Sims wrote:
I'd love to, but I need to keep my cost under $250, and I don't know
where to buy them. I live in Hesperia, CA.

If it's just *temporary*, you could obtain N ten foot TV sections from
Home Depot/Lowes and just guy them for the test. They are about one inch
in diameter and cost about $20 each. I use them for my bird house.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old December 17th 03, 10:39 PM
greg z

Mfj 50' telescoping mast $70 + guys and a sack of crete or two.

KC*VIF
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true
Old December 17th 03, 11:49 PM
Mike Sims

In article , gmz79
@aol.comnospam says...
Mfj 50' telescoping mast $70 + guys and a sack of crete or two.

KC*VIF
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true

Where can I buy one of those? I started using 2.5" poles from a local
pipe shop, and I have one mast that is 21', and another that is 8 feet
with three feet down in the concrete. The problem is, I can't even add
10 feet to the mast because the joining point seemed too flexible when I
was trying to insert it ...

This 50' $70 solution sounds like the ticket to me.