Old September 11th 04, 10:16 PM
Matthew&Wendy

Default Unknown Signal 4,540KHz

On and around August 31, 2004, I was in North Carolina. I was receiving a
signal that could be heard from 4520 to 4560 kHz. On AM, it sounded like a
hi-low-hi alarm or tone. On USB, the tone is a "ray gun" from high to low,
while on LSB, the sound is a "Ray gun", but from low to high.I could here it
on at least four of the days I was listening, and drove over three hours
away and got the same signal. Does any one have any ideas as to what it may
be?

Matthew
KC2KEI
Scars are the proof that man can survive his own stupidity.

---

Old September 11th 04, 10:43 PM
dxAce

Matthew&Wendy wrote:

On and around August 31, 2004, I was in North Carolina. I was receiving a
signal that could be heard from 4520 to 4560 kHz. On AM, it sounded like a
hi-low-hi alarm or tone. On USB, the tone is a "ray gun" from high to low,
while on LSB, the sound is a "Ray gun", but from low to high.I could here it
on at least four of the days I was listening, and drove over three hours
away and got the same signal. Does any one have any ideas as to what it may
be?

Possibly CODAR Ocean Surface Radar? I'll give a listen in the morning to see if
it is audible here in that frequency range.

dxAce
Michigan

Old September 12th 04, 01:59 AM
Kameron Spesial

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:16:40 GMT, "Matthew&Wendy"
wrote:

On and around August 31, 2004, I was in North Carolina. I was receiving a
signal that could be heard from 4520 to 4560 kHz. On AM, it sounded like a
hi-low-hi alarm or tone. On USB, the tone is a "ray gun" from high to low,
while on LSB, the sound is a "Ray gun", but from low to high.I could here it
on at least four of the days I was listening, and drove over three hours
away and got the same signal. Does any one have any ideas as to what it may
be?

Matthew
KC2KEI
Scars are the proof that man can survive his own stupidity.

---

Confirmed - nothing I've ever heard. Shifting freqs.
Old September 12th 04, 02:49 AM
yea right

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:16:40 +0000, Matthew&Wendy wrote:

On and around August 31, 2004, I was in North Carolina. I was receiving a
signal that could be heard from 4520 to 4560 kHz. On AM, it sounded like a
hi-low-hi alarm or tone. On USB, the tone is a "ray gun" from high to low,

snip

CODAR it's been there for years
Old September 12th 04, 08:31 AM
dxAce

yea right wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:16:40 +0000, Matthew&Wendy wrote:

On and around August 31, 2004, I was in North Carolina. I was receiving a
signal that could be heard from 4520 to 4560 kHz. On AM, it sounded like a
hi-low-hi alarm or tone. On USB, the tone is a "ray gun" from high to low,

snip

CODAR it's been there for years

Yep, definitely CODAR heard here at 0730.

dxAce
Michigan