Old January 25th 04, 11:38 PM
OccamsRazor

Default TS-450 SAT Battery

Does anybody know if there is a battery holder that can replace the
soldered in battery so future replacement will be easier?
Please reply to group.

TNX and 73
Old January 26th 04, 01:52 PM
Jim Leder

Don't know if there is a direct holder that will fit, but what I did was
'outboard' a battery holder with a pair of wires. Of course the old holder
was removed, and the wires soldered into place. The 'new' holder is tucked
in the radio towards the back. To replace the battery, I pull the cover,
pull the new holder up and replace the battery and tuck the new battery back
into place. This procedure and idea is published on the Web, for a different
but similar Kenwood. Can't find it now.

Old January 26th 04, 05:21 PM
Clif Holland

How hard is it to solder in a battery every 10-15 years??

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)

Old January 26th 04, 08:16 PM
OccamsRazor

Thanks for your input. Kenwood doesn't know of a direct replacement but
sometimes third parties do, so I thought I would just put the question out
there. I guess that many newer radios have a holder installed to make it
easier on the consumer.
Thanks again.

Old January 26th 04, 08:28 PM
OccamsRazor

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure that Kenwood will be very pleased with the
customer service and courtesy you provide as an authorized service center
when I foreword your response to them.

Old January 26th 04, 08:46 PM
M.D.

"OccamsRazor" wrote in message
Does anybody know if there is a battery holder that can replace the
soldered in battery so future replacement will be easier?
Please reply to group.

Use the battery and holder from an old motherboard.