Old July 3rd 13, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default need help with psr-500 scanner

hello, I just bought a grecom psr-500. I have no idea how to use this thing. I live in los angeles,ca. does anyone know of a place I can take this radio to and have it programmed?
thank you.
Old July 3rd 13, 12:48 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
hello, I just bought a grecom psr-500. I have no idea how to use this thing. I live in los angeles,ca. does anyone know of a place I can take this radio to and have it programmed?
thank you.
NOOO

http://www.greamerica.com/PSR-500.html

Features

- Digital Triple Trunking Handheld Scanner
- Intuitive "Object Oriented" User Interface Design
- Powerful and Flexible Scan List Functionality
- Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help
- Upgradeable CPU and DSP Firmware
- Flexible Free-Form Memory Organization
- GRE's Exclusive V-Scanner Technology
- Multi-System Trunking
- P25 NAC Functionality
- Remote Control Capability
- Exclusive ALERT LED
- Audible alarms
- GRE's Exclusive Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking
- GRE's Exclusive Digital AGC
- The Best Subaudible Squelch Decoder in the Scanning Industry
- High Speed PC Interface
- Powerful Spectrum Sweeper
- Real-time Signal Strength Indicator
- Trunking Control Data Output
- High Contrast LCD Display

Link sez - download user manual...

http://www.greamerica.com/download/m...1.3_Manual.pdf

Step Two - research the local frequencies ( Radio Reference dot com - might have the frequencies)

Step Three - use programming cable - it should have came with one.

Step Four - write program - all local frequencies desired

Step Five - detect port - with new cable

Step Six - read radio info

Step Seven - download frequency data to radio

Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help - Each menu item provides a few lines of help text that provide assistance with programming and using the scanner.

Some vendors will download a program with the local frequencies for a fee - some charge as much as $45.00 to program a receiver.

The problem is - with the dinky little antenna it comes with, you aren't going to receive much - especially indoors - especially if you are a apartment dweller inside of a steel reinforced / concrete structure.
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...

RadioShack Pro-84 Scanner Help - Many Scanner Radio Problems Can Be"Fixed" With A Better Scanner Antenna RHF Shortwave 6 January 6th 08 11:23 PM
Australian Scanner - 24/7 Online Radio Scanner Locked Onto Queensland Police Service [Outer Southern Brisbane Suburbs and Outer Northern Gold Coast Suburbs] VKR Scanner 1 October 3rd 05 02:26 PM
FA Aor Scanner Dick Swap 1 June 19th 04 02:23 PM
Scanner recorder want to find the scanner recorder softwhere-Name & where to find-please grateful Scanner 0 April 5th 04 08:03 PM
FA: IC-Q7A transceiver/scanner and BC-780xlt scanner Ruffin Scanner 0 December 27th 03 05:33 AM