Old December 14th 16, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 13 December 2016

RadioInsight

Dick Taylor: Ill Just Leave My Literature

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2016/12/1...my-literature/

Cumulus & iHeartMedia Both File Debt Related Lawsuits

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ated-lawsuits/

Both Cumulus Media and iHeartMedia have filed lawsuits related to their
efforts to reduce their debt loads.

Reuters reports that Cumulus filed suit on Monday against J.P. Morgan Chase
for breaching a 2013 credit agreement and unreasonably withholding consent
to certain components of their refinancing. Cumulus announced last week
that it is seeking a debt for equity swap in order to retire $610 million
in debt while creating a new line of credit. J.P. Morgan Chase is being
accused of threatening the deal from being closed by its January 27
deadline.

iHeartMedia has issued a statement over its decision to not repay the $57.1
million of the 5.50% Senior Notes due December 15, 2016. As part of that
decision, iHeart has filed suit in Texas seeking a declaration that the
$57.1 million of 2016 Legacy Notes remains outstanding and that the Company
is not currently obligated to grant any of its debtholders the “springing
lien” on any of its assets.

iHeartMedia, Inc. today announced a decision to not repay the $57.1 million
of the 5.50% Senior Notes due December 15, 2016 (“2016 Legacy Notes”) held
by affiliate Clear Channel Holdings, Inc. (CCH) when the notes mature on
December 15, 2016. The decision, made by a Special Committee of independent
directors, is part of the Company’s ongoing efforts to proactively address
its capital structure, while maximizing the value of its assets.

While the $192.9 million of 2016 Legacy Notes held by other holders will be
paid in full at maturity, the $57.1 million balance held by affiliate CCH
will remain outstanding. Because the 2016 Legacy Notes owned by CCH will
continue to remain outstanding, the Company will continue to have at least
$500 million of legacy notes outstanding on December 15, 2016 and will
therefore not be obligated to grant certain additional security interests
in favor of certain of its debtholders under a so-called “springing lien”
set forth in relevant debt agreements.

In addition, the Company and certain affiliates yesterday filed lawsuits in
the State District Court in Bexar County, Texas, seeking a declaration that
the $57.1 million of 2016 Legacy Notes remains outstanding and that the
Company is not currently obligated to grant any of its debtholders the
“springing lien” on any of its assets.

As the Company continues to work towards a comprehensive plan to achieve an
optimal capital structure, it intends to take any other actions necessary
to protect iHeartMedia and position the Company for long-term growth and
success.

Michael Baisden To Base New Show At Kiss 104.1 Atlanta

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...104-1-atlanta/

Michael Baisdens return to syndication will be based at Cox Media Group
Urban AC Kiss 104.1 WALR Palmetto/Atlanta.

Baisdens new show will debut on WALR on January 16, 2017 from 3-7pm
replacing Drive Time Live with Art Terrell and Roy Wood Jr. Terrell and
Wood will move to 12-3pm, while midday host Sasha The Diva moves to
9am-12pm. WALR will serve as home base and flagship for the new syndication
effort.

Baisden has been away from radio since exiting his Cumulus based show in
March 2013 and claiming that they locked him out of his studio. The new
show will be distributed by Superadio and American Urban Radio Networks,
both owned by Access.1 Communications.

Cox Media Group (CMG) Atlanta Radio has announced Michael Baisden as its
new afternoon drive host on KISS 104.1 FM, effective Jan. 16, 2017. The
Michael Baisden show is syndicated with KISS as the flagship station.

“We are looking forward to Michael returning to radio and returning to
Atlanta on KISS 104,” said CMG Atlanta Radio’s VP of Programming Tony Kidd.
“Hes an extraordinary talent providing humor, relationship advice and
social awareness and solutions for change to the adult audience.”

Baisden is undeniably one of the most influential and engaging
personalities in radio history. His meteoric rise to No. 1 redefined radio
with the numbers to back it up. The show was heard in over 100 cities
nationwide with over 7 million loyal listeners daily.

“Im excited to be joining the Kiss 104 family for the launch of the new
Michael Baisden Show,” Baisden said. “Im anxious to get back to having fun
with my fans and engaging them in adult conversation about relationships,
promote mentoring, and encourage them to live their dreams of starting a
business, and of course, playing the best music on the planet! I truly miss
talking to my radio family on the radio every day and listening to their
crazy stories. But what I miss most is making a difference in their lives.”

Michael Baisden’s career began when he took a leap of faith to leave his
job driving trains in Chicago to self-publish his book and began touring
the country selling books out of the trunk of his car. The New York Times
best-selling author and relationship expert hosted two nationally
syndicated TV talk shows: a daytime called “Talk or Walk”, and a late night
talk show titled Baisden After Dark.”

Baisden has carved a unique niche as a speaker, radio personality,
philanthropist and social activist. He was honored by BBBS with the Michael
Baisden Inspiration Award, which is given to people who are dedicating
themselves to actively recruiting mentors. Baisden also founded the Michael
Baisden Foundation focusing on education, literacy and mentoring.

WSB Makes Lineup Adjustments

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...p-adjustments/

Cox Media Group News/Talk 750 WSB Atlanta/95.5 WSBB Doraville GA is making
some lineup adjustments for the new year.

With Herman Cain exiting national syndication, but remaining on Cox owned
stations, he will also lose an hour from his program. Cain will now be
heard from 9-11am starting Monday, January 9. The 11am hour will be given
to former Regular Guy Eric Von Haessler. The Von Haessler Doctrine moves
from Sundays to fill the weekday 11am hour.

Marc Arum, who currently is heard from 10pm-12am, will move up to an
earlier timeslot as his show moves to 7-9pm. The delayed third hour of Sean
Hannity will move to 9pm and Clark Howard to 10pm.

Cox Media Group (CMG) Atlanta Radio is making programming changes in 2017
on Atlanta’s News 95.5 and AM750 WSB.

The Mark Arum Show, which has proven to be appointment listening evenings
in Atlanta often finishing in the top 5, is moving to weeknights at 7 p.m.

“I’m thrilled that the whole crew of The Mark Arum Show” will entertain
listeners at an earlier time on such a legendary radio station,” Arum said.

Eric Von Haessler, who hosts The Von Haessler Doctrine Sundays at noon is
moving to weekdays with a one-hour show at 11 a.m.

“It’s a dream come true for me to have the opportunity to do my own show
weekdays on WSB,” Von Haessler said. “It’s the only station where I wanted
to continue my career. We’ve created a show that is topical, fearless and
fun. If you enjoy current events, you’ll enjoy our show.”

We are pleased to add even more local content to our weekday line-up by
adding Eric, and it has been exciting to watch Marks success in the late
evenings,” said Donna Hall, CMG Atlanta Radio’s VP and General Manager. “By
moving Mark to 7 p.m., were giving even more Atlanta listeners an
opportunity to get to know him through his show. Mark and Eric are both
true radio professionals, and we are fortunate to have them as part of our
team.

Herman Cain continues his successful WSB talk show at 9 a.m. The Herman
Cain Show has achieved No. 1 rank for 23 consecutive Nielsen ratings
periods. WSB expects the show to mark two consecutive on top with the
December Nielsen ratings report. The shows ranked No. 1 since January 2015.

The following schedule changes are effective Jan. 9, 2017:

? 4:30 Atlanta’s Morning News with Scott Slade

? 9 a.m. Herman Cain Show

? 11 a.m. Von Haessler Doctrine with Eric Von Haessler

? Noon Rush Limbaugh

? 3 p.m. Sean Hannity

? 5 p.m. Atlanta’s Evening News with Erick Erickson

? 7 p.m. Mark Arum

? 9 p.m. Sean Hannity

? 10 p.m. Clark Howard

Connoisseur Sells Wichita Duo

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...s-wichita-duo/

Connoisseur Media is selling Variety Hits 97.1 Bob-FM KIBB Haven and
Classic Country 100.5 Hank-FM KVWF Augusta in the Wichita KS market to
Rocking M Media.

The purchase price was withheld from the sale contract filed with the FCC.
Rocking M owns twenty stations across the state of Kansas and is in the
process of acquiring five (and divesting one) in Salina KS from Alpha Media.

Following the divestiture, Connoisseur will retain 37 stations in
Connecticut, Montana, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.