Old November 5th 15, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default i ordered a 7600 today

i ordered a 7600 today from hro do you think it will have ver2 firmware installed
already thanks and
73's
kx1h
Old November 6th 15, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

On 11/5/2015 5:14 PM, wrote:
i ordered a 7600 today from hro do you think it will have ver2 firmware installed
already thanks and
73's
kx1h

Possibly. It depends on a lot of things.

Unlike what the CBer Channel Jumper said, companies don't normally have
a lot of rigs on hand - especially expensive ones like the 7600. It's
expensive to keep their money tied up like that, and expensive to store
a large inventory (not to mention things like insuring millions of
dollars would of inventory). Good retailers keep a minimal inventory,
especially when they can get it replaced in a matter of days from Icom.
Additionally, with multiple stores, HRO can ship next day from one
store to the next if necessary.

It takes about a month to load, ship from Japan to the U.S. and unload.
Other factors such as shipping schedules, how busy the ports are, who's
currently on strike, etc. can lengthen that time. Plus the U.S.
distributor will carry a somewhat larger inventory due to the shipping time.

Because of all of this, the total amount of time from factory to your
door can be as little as 3-4 months, or as great as a year, generally
following a bell curve. Since the firmware update came out publicly 6
months ago (we don't know when they started installing it at the
factory), you'd be towards the early end of this, so its possible you'll
get the new firmware.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old November 7th 15, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

On 11/6/2015 8:32 PM, Channel Jumper wrote:
HRO ships from which ever store has it on inventory, if the store you
ordered it from does not have it.

10 transceivers is not a major investment for a brick and mortar store
like HRO.

I have purchased multiple transceivers from HRO, both from their
Virginia and their Delaware store.

Unlike Mr. Jerry Stuckey, I do have a working rapport with the
company.

Unlike you, I have actually worked for an ICOM dealer. But CBers don't'
understand how business works.

It's pretty easy to figure out who the REAL HAM here is!

Yup, it's the one with a call sign.

When a person doesn't even understand the proper forum to post this kind
of question in - it is very easy for me to understand the urgency of
this persons question as far as the factory upgrade goes. Due to the
fact that the OP probably isn't computer literate and it would be
difficult for him to do the simple install / upgrade himself - he came
here asking if that service would be provided for him automatically upon
receipt of his new transceiver!

This is a fine place to ask such a question. Maybe there are better
places - but there is nothing wrong with this one.

My answer was very easy to understand - since the answer is NO!
This answer was given to me by Barry at the New Castle, Del store 4
years ago...

4 years old and not at all related to the real world.

All orders are routed through the Delaware store.
This is a newbie question that they are probably asked a dozen times a
week.

Yea, right.

Try again, CBer. You once again show you're nothing more than a noob.

--

Old November 15th 16, 10:19 PM
jta jta is offline
Member

I like that: "junk" Icom. He probably can't afford one! Probably used to Cobra radios or export crap.

So don't keep us in suspense - did your radio come with the latest firmware? And beyond that, how do you like it?

73, jta