Old November 13th 03, 05:58 AM
John Moriarity

Any tips on this radio? I have not gotten yet but
it is priced right altho one tube does not light up.

Kinda funny that one tube doesn't light, since it's
a series string filament AC/DC model. I'd measure
the drop across each filament first thing.

73, John - K6QQ

Old November 14th 03, 01:33 AM
ROBMURR

Default National NC-33 radio info?

Must be my week for finding radios....
Got a Hallicrafters S-120 this week now have
come across a decent looking National NC-33
general coverage? receiver. Has the yellowed
dial covers like they all do. Anyway to clear
them up a little, kinda hard to see thru.
Any tips on this radio? I have not gotten yet but
it is priced right altho one tube does not light up.
Thanks.
Old November 14th 03, 02:56 PM
ROBMURR

Kinda funny that one tube doesn't light, since it's
a series string filament AC/DC model. I'd measure
the drop across each filament first thing.

73, John - K6QQ

Hmmm. I could be mistaken then, I may not have
looked close enough at it. thanks.