Old May 24th 14, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Attn: Heathkit Collectors

Is there any interest in this newsgroup in Heathkits that are NOT
amateur radio products?

I have some that I no longer want:

AR-15 Stereo Receiver
QM-1 Q Meter
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator
IT-12 Signal Tracer
V-7A VTVM

All are clean, include manuals, and were working when last used.

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
Old May 25th 14, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Heathkit Collectors

wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Old May 25th 14, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

--
Jim Pennino
Old May 25th 14, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote in message
gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

But the monitors these days are LCD and not CRT.

The days of static convergence, dynamic convergence, pin cushion, etc
are gone.

Old May 25th 14, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

gareth wrote:
wrote in message
gareth wrote:
wrote in message
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator

The one item in your list that no longer has any use!

I've got one of those, but not Heathkit, and PAL not NTSC

Closed Circuit TV is still mostly analog.

But the monitors these days are LCD and not CRT.

The new ones likely are but the vast, already installed, base is not.

The days of static convergence, dynamic convergence, pin cushion, etc
are gone.

Essentially irrelevant; when checking out such a system about the only
thing that matters is a known, stable video of something.

Apparently you have never worked on a CCTV system; a known, stable, and
portable source of video is a handy thing to have when troubleshooting.

--
Jim Pennino
Old May 26th 14, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:
Is there any interest in this newsgroup in Heathkits that are NOT
amateur radio products?

I have some that I no longer want:

AR-15 Stereo Receiver
QM-1 Q Meter
CD-1 Color Bar and Dot Generator
IT-12 Signal Tracer
V-7A VTVM

All are clean, include manuals, and were working when last used.

I'd be interested in the signal tracer, I keep meaning to build one
myself and never have.

Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Now I am cluttering up the group with a personal reply. That's kind of
rude, isn't it?
--scott