Old August 26th 04, 10:43 PM
scan man

Default Uniden MR8100 scanner software

Hi, can anyone help me with software for programming the MR8100 "out
of band" What I want to do is programme the MR8100 around 75MHz. I
have recently purchased the software from GFC Software but that does
not work as it uses Uniden's scan.exe which excludes the use of this
band.

Basically GFC told me their software would work prior to purchase, but
now have changed their tune after they have taken my cash, oh well.
The custom software from www.accessv.com will not work on these
frequencies,either.

Does anyone out there have copy of Uniden's scan.exe that covers the
54 to 118 MHz spectrum ? GFC tell me that I should be able to find
this on the 'net but I have downloaded from several sites but with no
luck. Not sure if what they are telling me is correct.

Can anybody please help?? The Mr8100 is such a neat (vintage) scanner
that I really want a full working version in my collection!!!

All replies appreciated!!

Cheers

Kevin
Old August 26th 04, 11:06 PM
Bill Crocker

I have a DOS based programming utility for the MR8100. I have no idea if it
will solve your problem, but I'm willing to email it to you, if you'd like?
It's only 21k, zipped.

Bill Crocker

om...

Old August 30th 04, 10:12 PM
scan man

Hi Bill, that offer would be nice. I have tried numerous sources of
the scan.exe, so I am willing to give yours a try. I guess I have
just been ripped of by GFC Software !!!

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message ...
I have a DOS based programming utility for the MR8100. I have no idea if it
will solve your problem, but I'm willing to email it to you, if you'd like?
It's only 21k, zipped.

Bill Crocker

"scan man" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Newbie: Radio Shack Scanner Loader software doesn't work on Windows XP Nick Scanner 7 March 13th 04 05:29 AM
FS: Uniden BC120 XLT 100-Channel Programmable Twin Turbo Hand-Held Auto Scanner Mitch Katz Scanner 0 March 5th 04 05:05 PM
FS: Uniden MR8100 TeeDee911 Scanner 0 January 26th 04 05:59 PM
FA: Uniden Bearcat BC780XLT Scanner & Software 2manytoyz Scanner 0 January 20th 04 04:31 AM
Uniden BC250D Software? Woolridge Scanner 1 June 26th 03 03:48 PM