Old July 14th 05, 10:37 PM
RHF

Default GE Pre-Super-Radio ?

FO&A,
Old July 14th 05, 10:54 PM
RHF

FO&A,
Old July 14th 05, 11:00 PM
John S.

Yes, I had one very much like that. It was battery powered only,
strictly AM. Did a decent job and had a really mellow tone. Got it
for $5.00 at an estate sale and used it as a gardening radio.

Old July 14th 05, 11:14 PM
RHF

FO&A,
Old July 14th 05, 11:26 PM
David

On 14 Jul 2005 14:37:17 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

FO&A,
.
This looks like a GE Pre-Super-Radio for anyone interested
in adding one to their GE Superadio collection.
I had one years ago and it did a good job of bring in those
distant AM Radio Station. It is relatively big and Heavy.
.
GE GENERAL ELECTRIC Chrome, Plastic & Leather AM Radio!
The classic chrome '60s ancestor of the GE Superadio!
.
note - it is not my auction
- but i thought it might interest someone ~ RHF
. . . . .

Realistic TRF (12-655)

Old July 14th 05, 11:38 PM
RHF

David,
Old July 15th 05, 06:44 AM
RHF

The "Handles" were in style at the time of manufacture.

Old July 15th 05, 02:19 PM

How about this variant. Kind of reminds me of the Sylvania Prospector,
only for a more ominous use.
http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/c...726dxradio.htm

Lee Richardson
Mech-Tech
Evansville, Indiana

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
FO&A,
.
This is a third one that could be added to a Collection
of GE Superadios.
.
General Electric 6-Band AM/FM Shortwave Radio Model # 7-2990A
This GE World Monitor Radio features both an Analog Tuning and
Dial Tuning Scale with an LED Digital Frequency Display.
.
once again this is not my auction ~ RHF
. . . . .

Old July 15th 05, 02:34 PM
FDR

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
The "Handles" were in style at the time of manufacture.

So just asthetics.

Old July 15th 05, 02:40 PM
dxAce

FDR wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
The "Handles" were in style at the time of manufacture.

So just asthetics.

Yeah, a lot of portables that came out during that era had the handles. Sort of
a pseudo military rack handle look to 'em.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm