Old August 12th 14, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Google Street View

Since I'm winding up the month with a tad of surplus bandwidth I did
some more Street View touring.

South Africa has decent coverage. Interesting to see the huge prefab
black housing tracts around the urban areas. Went to one little
off-the-beaten-path town on the coast (Port St. John) and it looks
identical to rural towns in Jamaica.

What I keep seeing about the World is how much it has changed since we
were kids. I keep expecting to see quaint villages in the far-fetched
areas but now they all look like most modern cities differing only in
size. Hell, you find more old-time quaintness in rural Kansas than you
do in rural Ireland. Everybody everywhere is talking on cellphones!

That was the only place in Africa that I could find that had Street View
coverage. I wish Latin America had more. All I've found is the border
towns of Mexico.
Old August 12th 14, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Bill M wrote:
Since I'm winding up

OOPS! Obviously posted in error. This was meant to be an email to a
friend. Please ignore.
Old August 14th 14, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:05:13 -0400, Bill M wrote:

Bill M wrote:
Since I'm winding up

OOPS! Obviously posted in error. This was meant to be an email to a
friend. Please ignore.

Too late, already read it.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.
Old August 14th 14, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Bill M wrote:
Since I'm winding up

OOPS! Obviously posted in error. This was meant to be an email to a
friend. Please ignore.

Too late, already read it.

I thought he was going to tell us that he was looking for piles of
surplus, hoping to find a source of some classic piece of equipment just
waiting to be bought up.

Maybe satellite photos would work better for that, see the backyards and
backlots where the piles of R390s and the like are stashed.

Michael

OT Why Wall street needs dismantling Truth Teller Shortwave 0 November 8th 11 05:28 AM
QST-VIEW bigter1 Equipment 0 May 6th 08 04:33 PM
QST-VIEW bigter1 Boatanchors 0 May 6th 08 04:28 PM
FS: Garmin Street Pilot $100 Jerry Franks Swap 0 March 11th 07 01:09 PM
The view from VE W2DNE Policy 2 September 21st 05 12:02 AM