Old March 28th 11, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Heath SB line

I was recently thinking about the SB102 that I used to own. Heath had
quit a few different products under the "SB" series. In fact there we

Transceivers:
SB100, SB101, SB102, SB104
All of these were HF rigs. Heath skipped the SB103, I think they DID
have a prototype rig that would have been solid state except for the
finals. This would have taken some of the circuitry from the SB303
solid state receiver and used tubes in the driver and final. By the
time they had a prototype ready they already were designing a fully
solid state version so the SB103 was never produced and they jumped to
the the SB104.

The SB110 and SB110A were both 6 meter transceivers. Heath never made
separate receivers and transmitters for 6 meters in the SB series.

Receivers:
SB300, SB301, SB303
These were HF ham band receivers. There was also a general coverage
short wave model (I forget the model number). Heath skipped the SB302.
I think there was might have been a prototype of this, it would have
been the receiver section of the SB102 transceiver with the solid state
LMO. However, Heath chose to develop a fully solid state version in a
smaller cabinet.

Transmitters:
SB400, SB401
I guess the transmitters didn't sell as well as the receivers and the
transceivers. Heath never developed a replacement for the SB401.

Linear Amplifiers:
SB200, SB201 half gallon with 572B tubes. The SB201 was the 'FCC 10
meter' law version.
SB220, SB221 Full gallon with 3-500Z tubes. The SB221 was the 'FCC 10
meter' law version.

There was no SB210 product. I think this model number was reserved for
a possible 6 meter linear to go with the SB110 transceiver.

SB230 Half gallon using a conduction cooled 8873 tube.
SB240 Never produced. This was to be an SB221 repackaged in a matching
cabinet to the SB104 transceiver. It might have used 3-500z tubes or a
single 8877 tube.
SB1000 was not strickly an SB series product. It was a nearly full
gallon using a single 3-500z tube pushed to it's maximum ratings

Other stuff:
SB500 was a two meter transverter with a pair of 6146's in the final
SB600 was a matching speaker that could house the power supply for a
transceiver.
SB610 was a monitor scope
SB620 was a pan scope
SB630 was a station console with clock and phone patch
SB640 was an external VFO for the SB100 series transceivers
SB650 was a digital frequency display for the SB series