Old September 24th 04, 12:59 PM
Steve

Default Used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30?

I've never encountered a used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30 up for sale?
Is this because I'm looking in the wrong places or because the
original owners never want to part with them?

I'd love to hear reports from people who've used this receiver.

Steve
Old September 24th 04, 01:05 PM
dxAce

Steve wrote:

I've never encountered a used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30 up for sale?
Is this because I'm looking in the wrong places or because the
original owners never want to part with them?

I'd love to hear reports from people who've used this receiver.

I think there was one on eBay a while back

dxAce

Old September 24th 04, 02:00 PM
Volker Tonn

Steve schrieb:
I've never encountered a used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30 up for sale?
Is this because I'm looking in the wrong places or because the
original owners never want to part with them?

I'd love to hear reports from people who've used this receiver.

Steve

There are some K&D KWZ 30 floating around here in germany.
AFAIK this RX is no longer made. So it's quite rare and a collectors item.
A mate of mine had one and many others of high end RX's. But for
broadcast listening he allways went back to his NRD-535 with all options
and additional mechanical Collins filters .
Even the Harris 590'M' (maritime version) could not beat "his" 535 -in
his opinion-.
BTW: He is using a 2x 40mtr V-shape dipol 20 mtrs above ground.

Old September 24th 04, 03:18 PM
Mark S. Holden

Steve wrote:

I've never encountered a used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30 up for sale?
Is this because I'm looking in the wrong places or because the
original owners never want to part with them?

I'd love to hear reports from people who've used this receiver.

Steve

I don't think they made very many of them. I saw one on ebay a few years ago. I don't remember what it closed for, but it seemed to be a little expensive. Perhaps collector value was a factor.

They've been talking about developing a replacement model for a few years, but no details yet.

You can get information on the KWZ30 on the KD home page:

http://www.kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html
Old December 6th 09, 11:14 AM
Junior Member

Location: England
Exclamation

Dear all,

I will be selling a Kneisner and Doering on eBay today Sunday December 6, 2009, to be listed at 17.00 GMT. Item number: 160384780108.

Will be a Christmas goodie to remember, top quality radio.

Regards from UK,

TangoPapa

I've never encountered a used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30 up for sale?
Is this because I'm looking in the wrong places or because the
original owners never want to part with them?

I'd love to hear reports from people who've used this receiver.

Steve[/quote]
Attached Thumbnails
Used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30?-dscf2894.jpg  Used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30?-dscf2899.jpg