Old May 8th 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default European connectors wanted

Here are the Euro connectors that the visitor to my website is seeking.

His radio is a Blaupunkt Ballet 20003.

Thx.

Phil Nelson

Old May 8th 08, 10:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
Here are the Euro connectors that the visitor to my website is seeking.

His radio is a Blaupunkt Ballet 20003.

Thx.

Phil Nelson

I've seen the top one, but not sure where to find them. The bottom one is a
3-pin DIN, and should be available through someone like Mouser.

Old May 9th 08, 03:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Is that a three pin or two pin connector used for the speaker? I have a 10'
cable with two pin on each end.

--
Tom Mills

Old May 9th 08, 03:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Tom Mills wrote:
Is that a three pin or two pin connector used for the speaker? I have a 10'
cable with two pin on each end.

These connectors came in two versions, if you
put the 2way cable in normally, internal and external
speaker played together, plug it in the other way,
and the internal speaker would switch off.
The cable part was always 2 pins, a fat one and a thin one.
Old May 9th 08, 04:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default European connectors wanted (DIN)

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
Tom Mills wrote:
Is that a three pin or two pin connector used for the speaker? I have a
10' cable with two pin on each end.

These connectors came in two versions, if you
put the 2way cable in normally, internal and external
speaker played together, plug it in the other way,
and the internal speaker would switch off.
The cable part was always 2 pins, a fat one and a thin one.

DIN connectors have always struck me as terribly clever: they leave the tech
parts to the people that made them. Like this simple speaker plug: no way
to confuse speaker polarity, it's obvious how the plug goes in.

They make connecting a tape recorder dead easy too: one connector rather
than four. What could be simpler?

Traurig, nicht var?

Old May 9th 08, 04:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
Here are the Euro connectors that the visitor to my website is seeking.

His radio is a Blaupunkt Ballet 20003.

Thx.

Phil Nelson

I have a speaker socket as shown with the extra speaker disconnect position,
its still riveted to part of a chassis I stripped and tossed in the bin.

In case you're that desperate I've fished it out again - I don't want
anything for it but all depends on whether the UK post office will accept a
jiffy bag marked "postage due" and you paying the postage and any handling
charge at your end.

Old May 12th 08, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"ian field" wrote in message
In case you're that desperate I've fished it out again - I don't want
anything for it but all depends on whether the UK post office will accept
a jiffy bag marked "postage due" and you paying the postage and any
handling charge at your end.

Wouldn't that be marvelous if it was that simple? Of course, they won't.
Can you imagine how direct-mail marketers would adore that type of system?

Old May 12th 08, 10:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
"ian field" wrote in message
In case you're that desperate I've fished it out again - I don't want
anything for it but all depends on whether the UK post office will accept
a jiffy bag marked "postage due" and you paying the postage and any
handling charge at your end.

Wouldn't that be marvelous if it was that simple? Of course, they won't.
Can you imagine how direct-mail marketers would adore that type of system?

Not really an issue since the OP hasn't shown any interest in the offer.