Old March 21st 04, 07:05 AM
RP Jones

Default Joe Walsh on Coast to Coast tonight

ARRL's Jim Haynie and Joe Walsh on Coast to Coast tonight

http://www.coasttocoastam.com

Old March 21st 04, 07:48 AM
notayank

RP Jones wrote:
ARRL's Jim Haynie and Joe Walsh on Coast to Coast tonight

http://www.coasttocoastam.com

Real good.
"Only subscribers to Coast to Coast AM's Streamlink can access Coast to
Coast AM live radio broadcasts, radio show archives and daily radio show
highlights."
Are you selling a crack code for access or should I send a check
directly to you?
-Yv

Old March 21st 04, 09:00 AM
Majestic

"notayank" wrote in message
RP Jones wrote:
ARRL's Jim Haynie and Joe Walsh on Coast to Coast tonight

http://www.coasttocoastam.com

Real good.
"Only subscribers to Coast to Coast AM's Streamlink can access Coast to
Coast AM live radio broadcasts, radio show archives and daily radio show
highlights."
Are you selling a crack code for access or should I send a check
directly to you?
-Yv

I just finished listening to it tonight on the AM radio.
KVI radio 570 in Seattle. You can send me a check to my
PO box.

Old March 21st 04, 06:13 PM
Philip Campbell

I listened to the Coast-to-Coastam show last nite with Jim Haynie and Joe
Walsh. Very interesting. I am not a ham, but am new to the world of swl. I
would like to someday explore the ham world. I am a data network engineer
and have worked in the Information Technology field for over 20 years as a
computer operator, programmer and network engineer. Here is an observation
that I have, should BPL come to fruition.

If BPL is implemented, what this essentially means is that BPL will make
current PC's network connections, from laptops to desktops, and anything
that currently uses a standard Ethernet connection obsolete. At the network
interface, the wall-socket in your home, an entirely new device will be
required to use BPL. Basically, BPL will essentially multiplex data signals
over existing AC power lines. This will require an entirely new class of
devices to decode the data portion of the signal from existing AC power
lines into a data signal useable by a PC. Say goodbye to all existing
10BaseT NIC's, to name only one type, being the most widely used. All of the
two-prong faceplates in each and every home will not be replaced, one of the
so-called benefits of BPL. So how will data be decoded from the AC power
lines? Of course this is possible, but the question I am posing is, what new
devices will be required between your existing PC(or any currently networked
device for that matter) and the wall outlet? How much will it cost to
"refit" an existing networked PC that currently uses an RJ-45 type
connector(or whatever)? What companies stand to gain from this new device?

BPL is not only unworkable and unacceptable from the standpoint of ham radio
and the very useful role ham operators fulfill in times of emergency, not to
mention the myriad of other High Frequency communications in use today, but
if BPL is implemented, this will only make network computing and Internet
computing more expensive. Maybe this is what the corporate interests want?

On the other hand, since this BPL would require an entirely new device, This
could be a real revenue generator for a flat PC market. Think about it.

Another observation. When you build a data network in the business world,
which I have done, you want to build in resiliency, which(among other
things) means no single points of failure! If BPL is implemented, it would
become a single point of failure for AC power supply as well as Internet
connectivity, be it from terrorist attacks, black-outs, brown-outs or
natural disaster.

Just some thoughts.

Old March 21st 04, 07:25 PM
RP Jones

Selling crack codes, no, You got it all mixed up !!!
No pehaps you smoked to much crack and have problems, get a doctor and anger
managment class.
C.T Coast is on the BCB across the country !
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/info/wheretolisten.html
You send me a certified $2000 check for a conciliation fee, get it ?

-RP

Old March 23rd 04, 04:07 AM
CW

I listened to the same station. The last time I counted, I could get it on
six different stations from my location. With as many affiliates as the show
has, it would be the rare individual that couldn't get it.

Old March 23rd 04, 04:12 AM
CW

Even if it is implemented, it's doubtful it would be wide spread. The amount
of equipment necessary just to keep the signal from degrading means that it
will only be available in high population density areas. It won't be cost
effective out in the sticks.

Old March 24th 04, 06:58 PM
Jerry

"notayank" wrote in message
RP Jones wrote:
ARRL's Jim Haynie and Joe Walsh on Coast to Coast tonight

http://www.coasttocoastam.com

Real good.
"Only subscribers to Coast to Coast AM's Streamlink can access Coast to
Coast AM live radio broadcasts, radio show archives and daily radio show
highlights."
Are you selling a crack code for access or should I send a check
directly to you?
-Yv

But *I* need that money worse than you!!

73

Jerry