Old January 1st 15, 01:06 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Breadboard projects

A new year, a new (attempted) start for ukra!

I've been picking up components and bits and bobs semi-randomly over the
last couple of months with a view to getting into the habit of
constructing. One of the reasons that drove me to get into amateur radio a
couple of years ago was that my vintage computer hobby was starting to
demand more electronics knowledge/skill than I had, I figured that the
learning of do for the radio licences would help and it did. But I want to
develop my skills.

I'm going to start at the bottom and work up from there. Simple projects.
I'm looking for a good "beginners" book, any tips? I was going to buy
"Electronics Projects For Dummies" but I saw a couple of notes amongst the
many good reviews that many of the projects required components hard to
source outside America, so I didn't get it in the end. Does anybody know of
a good book that'd be useful for us in the UK? Or a good website with plain
instructions for simple circuits? Happily, my son has shown a great
interest in building circuits on breadboard with me, so I'm looking forward
to getting this underway!

Xposted to rrah, FU ukra

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old January 1st 15, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message

Xposted to rrah, FU ukra

It is very questionable behaviour as to why you would seek help from this
NG,
but direct replies to a different NG, a different NG that those helping you
would not necessarily read.