Old January 2nd 05, 08:47 PM
Drifter

Default ILGRadio- username???

you guys will love this one. i just got my password and
username for the ilgradio database. NOW, please read this
slowly- "your username is your IP address". i filled out
the online form yesterday. got the pw/un today. yesterday,
i had that IP. today when i logged on /started up my comp
and DSL connection, i got a different IP address. so, this
is useless. (BTW, i got WBCQ on in the back-round, and Timtron
is playing the asshole song!) so, where do we go from here???
Drifter...
Old January 2nd 05, 08:53 PM
Sanjaya

"Drifter" wrote in message ...
you guys will love this one. i just got my password and
username for the ilgradio database. NOW, please read this
slowly- "your username is your IP address". i filled out
the online form yesterday. got the pw/un today. yesterday,
i had that IP. today when i logged on /started up my comp
and DSL connection, i got a different IP address. so, this
is useless.

[snip]

Gee... how come I didn't think to write down the IP address I used
when I accessed the ILG site and sent a request for password.
WTF????????????????

Old January 2nd 05, 09:35 PM
yea right

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:47:22 +0000, Drifter wrote:

you guys will love this one. i just got my password and username for the
ilgradio database. NOW, please read this slowly- "your username is your IP
address". i filled out the online form yesterday. got the pw/un today.
yesterday, i had that IP. today when i logged on /started up my comp and
DSL connection, i got a different IP address. so, this is useless.

Send the thing back for a refund...

Some people have a hard time thinking the hobby is some type of business
venture.

It has happened many times where I'd purchase a database and they are
encrypted or the data is only "viewable" and can not be imported into any
of my radio databases. It makes the database useless as I do n ot intend
to re-type the data into each of my radios.

Let them know this by sending it back and asking for a refund
Old January 2nd 05, 09:57 PM
Joe Analssandrini

Hello Drifter,

I use the ILGRadio database in conjunction with RxWings, the
computer-control program for my AOR AR7030 Plus receiver. I had been
checking the ILG site daily waiting for the B04 schedule to be posted.
Finally it was available on December 25, a nice Christmas present. I
downloaded it then. At that time, no password was required.

I use my Yahoo! address as my main e-mail address; I have, however, an
ISP address which is shared by my wife and me. (She also uses a Yahoo!
address as her main e-mail address.) We almost never use that ISP
e-mail but, when I saw on ILG's website that they won't accept a Yahoo!
address, I registered with my ISP address. I did this yesterday.

I received my User Name and Password today. My wife and I still use a
dial-up internet connection, so the IP address always changes with each
new connection. I just went to ILG's website and downloaded the B04
schedule again. I used the name and password I was given. It worked
flawlessly, so any concern about IP addresses changing is unfounded.

What I can't understand is why this ridiculous rigamarole is necessary.
I'm d----d if I can figure out how this is going to reduce the "spam"
which he claims he's getting.

If he wants to know who's using his software, why doesn't he just ask
for registration at the time of download (which, itself, is annoying,
but, at least to me, somewhat more acceptable)?
Oh well, the "joys" of "modern conveniences!"

Best,

Joe

Old January 3rd 05, 12:57 AM
Drifter

thanks for the heads up Joe. i just tried it and it
worked. after the email i got with the pw/un i didn't
know what to think. i want to try it with the RXWings
too. haven't had a lot of time play with that software
yet. and, i'm still waiting for my wellbrook loop...
good DX...
Drifter...