Old July 3rd 03, 08:48 PM
Phil Kane

On 3 Jul 2003 07:03:37 -0700, cappy anderson wrote:

Steve-
I knew I was inviting abuse when I asked the question. If you knew
a little about the GROL test you might not be so sarcastic.

Cappy - if you knew the history of another poster here named
Anderson, who posts under several different names and causes a lot of
H and D, you would understand Steve's comment. Perhaps Steve will
explain it to you in e-mail.

I have a license to practice law also. States-wisely grant
recirprocity in many situations.

I've been arm-wrestling with the State of Oregon over granting
reciprocity for my California bar admission for years. Even
though the California Bar Exam is a lot tougher than the Oregon
exam, Oregon will not grant reciprocity - or even provide the mini
exam that California provides to Oregon licensees - because
Califonia does not grant "clear" reciprocity as Washington and Idaho
do. Who will blink first?

Anyhow, I practice Federal law (primarily before the FCC) with no
problem but it's just a pain to deal with having to get a local
attorney to handle local matters stemming from my FCC practice.

I also have a severe learning disability. So taking tests is a mamouth
pain where I sit down.

And I'm a senior citizen with limited eyesight on the reading level,
so I too won't take any more written exams. I'd have no problem
passing an oral exam but they don't do it that way.

States, and the Ferderal government have a lot of recirprocity in many
area from drivers licenses to professional licenses-just in case you
didn't know.

Not all of us can be or would be as smug just because one has an
amateur license.

But the bottom line is that holding a Radiotelephone license carries
no element credit for the Amateur license and vice versa, because the
services and the things that are required to be tested for are radically
different. I've held both for over 50 years.....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

Old July 4th 03, 07:44 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(cappy anderson) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(cappy anderson) wrote in message . com...

I have a general radiotelehone operatorslicense with a radar
endorsment. Can I get an amateur license without taking the test(s).
No reason why I could take the test but that I am very time
constrained. Thanks in advance.

Anderson? GROL? Want's to shortcut testing? Is this genetic?

Steve, K4YZ

Steve-
I knew I was inviting abuse when I asked the question. If you knew
a little about the GROL test you might not be so sarcastic.

I know quite a bit about the GROL, and I have stated that I think
there SHOULD be some sort of "bridge test" for GROL holders, ie:
questions on Amateur related regulations and practice.

I have a license to practice law also. States-wisely grant
recirprocity in many situations. I also have a severe learning
disability. So taking tests is a mamouth pain where I sit down.

Is it any worse than being deaf? I know CW ops who have no
"conventional" hearing yet they are able to operate CW and have passed
the requisite test.

I also know Amateurs who are blind, and they have passed the
requisite written tests.

States, and the Ferderal government have a lot of recirprocity in many
area from drivers licenses to professional licenses-just in case you
didn't know.

I am quite aware. I also hold professional licensure that
requires various endorsements for reciprocity. PITA, but that's the
problem of living in a Republic.

Not all of us can be or would be as smug just because one has an
amateur license.

You need to know a bit more about the histroy of another Anderson
here who is a bit more than "smug" to understand the "humor" of the
moment.

I wish you well in pursuit of an Amateur license, and I'd support
any RM or NPRM that the FCC issued suggesting such a GROL/Amateur
bridge test.

73

Steve, K4YZ