Old October 15th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default ATTN: Mrs x: You Let Him Lie Like This In Public?

From: on Fri, Oct 13 2006 7:09pm

wrote:
From:
on Fri, Oct 13 2006 10:15am
From: on Wed, Oct 11 2006 5:56 pm

Nothing's changed with you. You still always go after the women folk
who have nothing to do with your inability to get along with others.

I'm not "going after" anyone, Brain.

Sure you are. You go after other people's wives and kids. You have a
history of it.

Nope. No one's been "gone after".

You've gone after my wife. You've gone after my kids before. To say
you haven't is a lie.

True. The USMC Imposter has gone after my wife, insulted
my parents, insulted my wife's universities, insulted just
about anything I've mentioned in here. Imposter then says
"I lie" since he doesn't know right from wrong.

If Robesin adjudicates that someone or thing is wrong, the persecution
starts, and there are no legal bounds to his methods.

He doesn't know right from wrong.

If we say he rightly violates reality (he does), he turns right
around and says we do that. It is a non-argument. All it does
is delude him in his non-justification of his actions.

Its also interesting that when you use one of his tactics on him, he
says that justifies him doing it in the first place. Such as Mark
out-assholing him.

It's a weird, delusional circular-logic thing of his.

He is too deluded about himself now to change, though.

His behavior is a syndrome of someone who will shortly fall
into certifiable insanity.

The rubber room is waiting.

Perhaps the stainless steel tables in the autopsy room would
be better?

He quotes himself in here, then claims I have misquoted him.

That's all in his delusional syndrome.

What he "sees" on his screens seems to be different than
what everyone else sees. It is all part of his delusion.

Imposter is traveling to Amish country of Pennsylvania?

It's on the way to the Dayton Hamvention.

Ah so! :-)

He'll have to file a travel voucher requesting circuitious travel.

"Circuitous," as in traveling in circles. :-)

Imposter is going to NJ to learn methods of offing
patients from a nurse there who did it?

Sounds like a circle-jerk in the making.

Imposter may have already started in TN?

Did the Man-Nurse in NJ ever get convicted?

I think so. Leastways, he was arrested and had a hearing
with a psych exam ordered.

Elfren Saldivar, the "angel of death" at a Glendale, CA,
hospital, was tried and convicted (with reasons of
insanity) and is very locked up now.

I know, I know...but if I call him an asshole, I'm insulting
the real assholes!

They will be highly offended.

I hearby apologize for any unintended future use of "asshole"
to all the OTHER real assholes in here. :-)

Thousands of posts worth of insults and failure to discern
right from wrong...not to mention the infamous IMPOSTER of
the USMC act carried on for years...years in which the
Imposter NEVER supplied a single item of proof, not even
a snapshot of himself on "active duty" during 18 years.

He was probably in "Secret Ops." No photos allowed.

It was so "secret" that all documents were marked "burn
before reading..." :-)

Wonder if he ever used the Code Name "Mr. Phelps?"

Could be...except there is another "Jim" in here. :-)

In the Imposter's case he still screwed up...the tape
self-destructed BEFORE he heard it... :-)

Is Paul going to let you play "Excrement Commando" in RRAP?

Probably he will.

The hell he will.

We will have to wait and see...

I'll give him the benefit...

I give Paul NO "benefit." I've gone round-and-around with him
both in public and private. That gives me a good feeling of
how he will "moderate" this group.

At best that "recourse" would be NOT posting and NOT
accessing the newsgroup. There is NO sign that anyone
"in charge" today or the last few years has done
anything in regards to "offensive" postings. There is
a curious, prolonged NON-response in Google whenever
anyone clicks on their message option button.

Long delayed echoes... (RADAR term involving range folding).

Parts of Google are doing "stealth" handling?

Ever since they bought out DejaNews they've fallen down
on handling newsgroups. Not just in RRAP but other
groups.

Besides, the Code Test issue is moments away from being
resolved.

Might not even be done this year. The R&O on the
"omnibus" issue began in 2004 and didn't get settled
until 2006. The code test NPRM of last year (05-235)
might be handled in 2007.

True, but in ham-years, that is is just a blink away. I passed my
Novice exams twenty (20) years ago this month and the Old-Timers still
classify me as a newbie.

In the minds of some olde-tymers they think they invented
ham radio. shrug

On a trip a couple years ago, I met an "old-timer" ham
who was in his mid-fifties. He went on and on and on
about ham radio, straight from the Book of St. Hiram,
sounding off as if all around him were clueless
civilians. I didn't say too much at first, but began
with some of his claims...and demolished each one by
the referencible facts of the radio-electronics industry
and military electronics-radio. Finally he got down to
his "trump card" which was He was "federally authorized
to transmit by the government!" I happened to have my
old First 'Phone ID card in my wallet along with IEEE
membership card (current) and showed that, adding that
He was NOT authorized to transmit OUTSIDE of the ham
bands on "shortwave." [I couldn't believe he still used
that old term "shortwave" instead of HF]

Through all of that I was cool and collected and never
personally insulted him. His reaction was AS IF I did.
I had to defuse the non-discussion for the sake of the
host. Pity that for this guy was really looking for a
personal combat situation, but was a bit too sloshed to
pose any physical threat to me. Moral of this story is
that there are lots of those self-important hams who are
hams mostly for the rank-status-privilege of that "federal
authorization" and have lost any sense of cameraderie or
fun of just communications with other hobbyists.

The Imposter is just another common carbon-copy of that
mid-life-crisis guy, but one on speed or uppers.

A real head case he is...

He's nuts.

I agree but there are others in here who must have
ABSOLUTES to justify such opinions. If he's not "nuts" in
the absolute sense, he will be soon.

He's nuts now.

OK. :-)

Old October 16th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
From:
on Fri, Oct 13 2006 7:09pm

wrote:
From:
on Fri, Oct 13 2006 10:15am
wrote:
From: on Wed, Oct 11 2006 5:56 pm

[...]

Yeh, its hard to explain.

He is too deluded about himself now to change, though.

His postings have the full support of his wife, he says.

His behavior is a syndrome of someone who will shortly fall
into certifiable insanity.

The rubber room is waiting.

Perhaps the stainless steel tables in the autopsy room would
be better?

At least it can be sanitized.

He quotes himself in here, then claims I have misquoted him.

That's all in his delusional syndrome.

There is no logic in the stuff he says.

What he "sees" on his screens seems to be different than
what everyone else sees. It is all part of his delusion.

If he would quit forging the attributes maybe he could keep it all
straight.

Imposter is traveling to Amish country of Pennsylvania?

It's on the way to the Dayton Hamvention.

Ah so! :-)

He'll have to file a travel voucher requesting circuitious travel.

"Circuitous," as in traveling in circles. :-)

The shoelace on his jump boots is caught on something.

Imposter is going to NJ to learn methods of offing
patients from a nurse there who did it?

Sounds like a circle-jerk in the making.

Imposter may have already started in TN?

Did the Man-Nurse in NJ ever get convicted?

I think so. Leastways, he was arrested and had a hearing
with a psych exam ordered.

Elfren Saldivar, the "angel of death" at a Glendale, CA,
hospital, was tried and convicted (with reasons of
insanity) and is very locked up now.

Good. We need to keep these crazies off the streets and out of our
health care systems.

I know, I know...but if I call him an asshole, I'm insulting
the real assholes!

They will be highly offended.

I hearby apologize for any unintended future use of "asshole"
to all the OTHER real assholes in here. :-)

That should cover just about everyone.

Thousands of posts worth of insults and failure to discern
right from wrong...not to mention the infamous IMPOSTER of
the USMC act carried on for years...years in which the
Imposter NEVER supplied a single item of proof, not even
a snapshot of himself on "active duty" during 18 years.

He was probably in "Secret Ops." No photos allowed.

It was so "secret" that all documents were marked "burn
before reading..." :-)

Wonder if he ever used the Code Name "Mr. Phelps?"

Could be...except there is another "Jim" in here. :-)

In the Imposter's case he still screwed up...the tape
self-destructed BEFORE he heard it... :-)

Singed his mustache?

Is Paul going to let you play "Excrement Commando" in RRAP?

Probably he will.

The hell he will.

We will have to wait and see...

I'll give him the benefit...

I give Paul NO "benefit." I've gone round-and-around with him
both in public and private. That gives me a good feeling of
how he will "moderate" this group.

It will just end up with the Coders patting each other on the back for
their heroics.

At best that "recourse" would be NOT posting and NOT
accessing the newsgroup. There is NO sign that anyone
"in charge" today or the last few years has done
anything in regards to "offensive" postings. There is
a curious, prolonged NON-response in Google whenever
anyone clicks on their message option button.

Long delayed echoes... (RADAR term involving range folding).

Parts of Google are doing "stealth" handling?

Ever since they bought out DejaNews they've fallen down
on handling newsgroups. Not just in RRAP but other
groups.

I never was able to find Heil's comments about Veteran's always having
their hands out.

Besides, the Code Test issue is moments away from being
resolved.

Might not even be done this year. The R&O on the
"omnibus" issue began in 2004 and didn't get settled
until 2006. The code test NPRM of last year (05-235)
might be handled in 2007.

True, but in ham-years, that is is just a blink away. I passed my
Novice exams twenty (20) years ago this month and the Old-Timers still
classify me as a newbie.

In the minds of some olde-tymers they think they invented
ham radio. shrug

Even Hiram didn't invent ham radio.

On a trip a couple years ago, I met an "old-timer" ham
who was in his mid-fifties. He went on and on and on
about ham radio, straight from the Book of St. Hiram,
sounding off as if all around him were clueless
civilians. I didn't say too much at first, but began
with some of his claims...and demolished each one by
the referencible facts of the radio-electronics industry
and military electronics-radio. Finally he got down to
his "trump card" which was He was "federally authorized
to transmit by the government!" I happened to have my
old First 'Phone ID card in my wallet along with IEEE
membership card (current) and showed that, adding that
He was NOT authorized to transmit OUTSIDE of the ham
bands on "shortwave." [I couldn't believe he still used
that old term "shortwave" instead of HF]

Well, hell, Len, they ARE shorter than our ONE (1) MW band!

Through all of that I was cool and collected and never
personally insulted him. His reaction was AS IF I did.
I had to defuse the non-discussion for the sake of the
host. Pity that for this guy was really looking for a
personal combat situation,

By chance was he wearing a flight suit?

but was a bit too sloshed to
pose any physical threat to me. Moral of this story is
that there are lots of those self-important hams who are
hams mostly for the rank-status-privilege of that "federal
authorization" and have lost any sense of cameraderie or
fun of just communications with other hobbyists.

The Imposter is just another common carbon-copy of that
mid-life-crisis guy, but one on speed or uppers.

Mitty sure gets around.

Old October 16th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Sun, Oct 15 2006 4:17 pm

From: on Fri, Oct 13 2006 7:09pm
From: on Fri, Oct 13 2006 10:15am
From: on Wed, Oct 11 2006 5:56 pm

Its also interesting that when you use one of his tactics on him, he
says that justifies him doing it in the first place. Such as Mark
out-assholing him.

It's a weird, delusional circular-logic thing of his.

Yeh, its hard to explain.

He is too deluded about himself now to change, though.

His postings have the full support of his wife, he says.

Which one, I wonder? He's paid alimony to the first,
makes nice-nice claims about his second's amateur license,
but it probably in some delusional phase thinking about
wifey #3 that doesn't exist.

However, he IS condoned by all the amateur extras in
here with exceptions only of Hans and Alun. He is "A-OK"
with Jimmie Noserve and that Waffen SS guy...

His behavior is a syndrome of someone who will shortly fall
into certifiable insanity.

The rubber room is waiting.

Perhaps the stainless steel tables in the autopsy room would
be better?

At least it can be sanitized.

Well, he could come out here and hire on as a "corpse"
on one of the CSI shows. [all three are mostly filmed
here in southern California...:-) ]

He quotes himself in here, then claims I have misquoted him.

That's all in his delusional syndrome.

There is no logic in the stuff he says.

Such might exist in his delusional Stevieworld...?

What he "sees" on his screens seems to be different than
what everyone else sees. It is all part of his delusion.

If he would quit forging the attributes maybe he could keep it all
straight.

He can't keep himself straight.

Just think, 18 years in a supposed career and he has NO
documentation of it, not even a snapshot!

Imposter is traveling to Amish country of Pennsylvania?

It's on the way to the Dayton Hamvention.

Ah so! :-)

He'll have to file a travel voucher requesting circuitious travel.

"Circuitous," as in traveling in circles. :-)

The shoelace on his jump boots is caught on something.

Yeah, a hole in his tooth...

Imposter is going to NJ to learn methods of offing
patients from a nurse there who did it?

Sounds like a circle-jerk in the making.

Imposter may have already started in TN?

Did the Man-Nurse in NJ ever get convicted?

I think so. Leastways, he was arrested and had a hearing
with a psych exam ordered.

Elfren Saldivar, the "angel of death" at a Glendale, CA,
hospital, was tried and convicted (with reasons of
insanity) and is very locked up now.

Good. We need to keep these crazies off the streets and out of our
health care systems.

...they keep entering, though. :-(

Thousands of posts worth of insults and failure to discern
right from wrong...not to mention the infamous IMPOSTER of
the USMC act carried on for years...years in which the
Imposter NEVER supplied a single item of proof, not even
a snapshot of himself on "active duty" during 18 years.

He was probably in "Secret Ops." No photos allowed.

It was so "secret" that all documents were marked "burn
before reading..." :-)

Wonder if he ever used the Code Name "Mr. Phelps?"

Could be...except there is another "Jim" in here. :-)

In the Imposter's case he still screwed up...the tape
self-destructed BEFORE he heard it... :-)

Singed his mustache?

Seems to have gotten his head hair instead...

I give Paul NO "benefit." I've gone round-and-around with him
both in public and private. That gives me a good feeling of
how he will "moderate" this group.

It will just end up with the Coders patting each other on the back for
their heroics.

Sigh...a whole newsgroup devoted to MORSE MYTHS. :-(

True, but in ham-years, that is is just a blink away. I passed my
Novice exams twenty (20) years ago this month and the Old-Timers still
classify me as a newbie.

In the minds of some olde-tymers they think they invented
ham radio. shrug

Even Hiram didn't invent ham radio.

Really? :-)

I guess we need a "clarification" on that from Mister ham radio,
Jimmie Noserve. He always claims the "correct" definition on
just about everything. :-)

Through all of that I was cool and collected and never
personally insulted him. His reaction was AS IF I did.
I had to defuse the non-discussion for the sake of the
host. Pity that for this guy was really looking for a
personal combat situation,

By chance was he wearing a flight suit?

Heh heh heh...no such luck. His faded summer shirt had some
kind of red sauce spilled on it.

The Imposter is just another common carbon-copy of that
mid-life-crisis guy, but one on speed or uppers.

Mitty sure gets around.

Hmmm... "What goes around comes around?" [perish the thought!]

Old October 16th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Sun, Oct 15 2006 4:17 pm
From: on Fri, Oct 13 2006 7:09pm
From: on Fri, Oct 13 2006 10:15am
From: on Wed, Oct 11 2006 5:56 pm

Its also interesting that when you use one of his tactics on him, he
says that justifies him doing it in the first place. Such as Mark
out-assholing him.

It's a weird, delusional circular-logic thing of his.

Yeh, its hard to explain.

He is too deluded about himself now to change, though.

His postings have the full support of his wife, he says.

Which one, I wonder? He's paid alimony to the first,
makes nice-nice claims about his second's amateur license,
but it probably in some delusional phase thinking about
wifey #3 that doesn't exist.

However, he IS condoned by all the amateur extras in
here with exceptions only of Hans and Alun. He is "A-OK"
with Jimmie Noserve and that Waffen SS guy...

She has a ham license and she has an RRAP account. And she's posted
here before. Yet she remains silent on he husbands heinous activities
on RRAP.

Or maybe she's a figment of his imagination and Robesin would have to
roll out her old RRAP account when he's much too busy creating new
accounts for our geophysicist visitors.

His behavior is a syndrome of someone who will shortly fall
into certifiable insanity.

The rubber room is waiting.

Perhaps the stainless steel tables in the autopsy room would
be better?

At least it can be sanitized.

Well, he could come out here and hire on as a "corpse"
on one of the CSI shows. [all three are mostly filmed
here in southern California...:-) ]

They want good looking corpses, not the crash-test dummy types.
Anyway, he would have a reason other than stalking for being there.

He quotes himself in here, then claims I have misquoted him.

That's all in his delusional syndrome.

There is no logic in the stuff he says.

Such might exist in his delusional Stevieworld...?

Precisely. I'm sure that everything makes sense... in his mind.

What he "sees" on his screens seems to be different than
what everyone else sees. It is all part of his delusion.

If he would quit forging the attributes maybe he could keep it all
straight.

He can't keep himself straight.

Just think, 18 years in a supposed career and he has NO
documentation of it, not even a snapshot!

Certainly "Combat Camera" has some footage of his seven hostile
actions?

Imposter is traveling to Amish country of Pennsylvania?

It's on the way to the Dayton Hamvention.

Ah so! :-)

He'll have to file a travel voucher requesting circuitious travel.

"Circuitous," as in traveling in circles. :-)

The shoelace on his jump boots is caught on something.

Yeah, a hole in his tooth...

And he goes round and round until he runs out of bootlace, then he has
to reverse direction...

Imposter is going to NJ to learn methods of offing
patients from a nurse there who did it?

Sounds like a circle-jerk in the making.

Imposter may have already started in TN?

Did the Man-Nurse in NJ ever get convicted?

I think so. Leastways, he was arrested and had a hearing
with a psych exam ordered.

Elfren Saldivar, the "angel of death" at a Glendale, CA,
hospital, was tried and convicted (with reasons of
insanity) and is very locked up now.

Good. We need to keep these crazies off the streets and out of our
health care systems.

...they keep entering, though. :-(

Yikes! That's right.

Thousands of posts worth of insults and failure to discern
right from wrong...not to mention the infamous IMPOSTER of
the USMC act carried on for years...years in which the
Imposter NEVER supplied a single item of proof, not even
a snapshot of himself on "active duty" during 18 years.

He was probably in "Secret Ops." No photos allowed.

It was so "secret" that all documents were marked "burn
before reading..." :-)

Wonder if he ever used the Code Name "Mr. Phelps?"

Could be...except there is another "Jim" in here. :-)

In the Imposter's case he still screwed up...the tape
self-destructed BEFORE he heard it... :-)

Singed his mustache?

Seems to have gotten his head hair instead...

His eyebrows should be trimmed to balance things.

I give Paul NO "benefit." I've gone round-and-around with him
both in public and private. That gives me a good feeling of
how he will "moderate" this group.

It will just end up with the Coders patting each other on the back for
their heroics.

Sigh...a whole newsgroup devoted to MORSE MYTHS. :-(

When hasn't it been so?

True, but in ham-years, that is is just a blink away. I passed my
Novice exams twenty (20) years ago this month and the Old-Timers still
classify me as a newbie.

In the minds of some olde-tymers they think they invented
ham radio. shrug

Even Hiram didn't invent ham radio.

Really? :-)

Sad, but true.

I guess we need a "clarification" on that from Mister ham radio,
Jimmie Noserve. He always claims the "correct" definition on
just about everything. :-)

Even though Jim posts with authority, not all of his postings are
factual.

Through all of that I was cool and collected and never
personally insulted him. His reaction was AS IF I did.
I had to defuse the non-discussion for the sake of the
host. Pity that for this guy was really looking for a
personal combat situation,

By chance was he wearing a flight suit?

Heh heh heh...no such luck. His faded summer shirt had some
kind of red sauce spilled on it.

He probably came directly from the hamfest instead of stopping at home
and changing his shirt.

The Imposter is just another common carbon-copy of that
mid-life-crisis guy, but one on speed or uppers.

Mitty sure gets around.

Hmmm... "What goes around comes around?" [perish the thought!]

And around and around and around (that shoelace).

Old October 16th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Mon, Oct 16 2006 4:48am

From: on Sun, Oct 15 2006 4:17 pm
From: on Fri, Oct 13 2006 7:09pm
From: on Fri, Oct 13 2006 10:15am
From: on Wed, Oct 11 2006 5:56 pm

Its also interesting that when you use one of his tactics on him, he
says that justifies him doing it in the first place. Such as Mark
out-assholing him.

It's a weird, delusional circular-logic thing of his.

Yeh, its hard to explain.

He is too deluded about himself now to change, though.

His postings have the full support of his wife, he says.

Which one, I wonder? He's paid alimony to the first,
makes nice-nice claims about his second's amateur license,
but it probably in some delusional phase thinking about
wifey #3 that doesn't exist.

However, he IS condoned by all the amateur extras in
here with exceptions only of Hans and Alun. He is "A-OK"
with Jimmie Noserve and that Waffen SS guy...

She has a ham license and she has an RRAP account. And she's posted
here before.

Only once as I recall. Of course that could also have been
one of his alternate personalities. There's no easy way to
tell just from the posting.

Yet she remains silent on her husbands heinous activities on RRAP.

Or maybe she's a figment of his imagination and Robesin would have to
roll out her old RRAP account when he's much too busy creating new
accounts for our geophysicist visitors.

"Geophysicists?" :-)

Must have missed those. shrug Hawaii is the new
rock-and-roll state. Newington, CT, will ignore it as it
does all other things west of the Mississippi River...

He quotes himself in here, then claims I have misquoted him.

That's all in his delusional syndrome.

There is no logic in the stuff he says.

Such might exist in his delusional Stevieworld...?

Precisely. I'm sure that everything makes sense... in his mind.

Problem is he tries to "fit in" with reality and that
doesn't work. He can't get by on bluffing and LIES.

For years he has tried to avoid posting anything
anywhere to document his alleged 18-year active USMC
career. He won't even make it available as private
e-mail.

What he "sees" on his screens seems to be different than
what everyone else sees. It is all part of his delusion.

If he would quit forging the attributes maybe he could keep it all
straight.

He can't keep himself straight.

Just think, 18 years in a supposed career and he has NO
documentation of it, not even a snapshot!

Certainly "Combat Camera" has some footage of his seven hostile
actions?

Do they count tavern fights in Escondido or the Mojave?

I give Paul NO "benefit." I've gone round-and-around with him
both in public and private. That gives me a good feeling of
how he will "moderate" this group.

It will just end up with the Coders patting each other on the back for
their heroics.

Sigh...a whole newsgroup devoted to MORSE MYTHS. :-(

When hasn't it been so?

Ah, so true, so true... :-(

True, but in ham-years, that is is just a blink away. I passed my
Novice exams twenty (20) years ago this month and the Old-Timers still
classify me as a newbie.

In the minds of some olde-tymers they think they invented
ham radio. shrug

Even Hiram didn't invent ham radio.

Really? :-)

Sad, but true.

Sic transit gloria mundi. ["so goes the glory of the world"]

I guess we need a "clarification" on that from Mister ham radio,
Jimmie Noserve. He always claims the "correct" definition on
just about everything. :-)

Even though Jim posts with authority, not all of his postings are
factual.

Ol' Jimmie really gets off on the Philadelphia area "firsts."

He went into fantasy orgasm on ENIAC of 1946. He conveniently
left out the Colossus work in the UK from 1942 onwards and
made NO mention of the Atanasoff-Berry Computer at Iowa State
University in 1939. The "ABC" was recreated (almost exactly
as the original) in 1998 at ISU in Ames, IA.

I had originally mixed up 'Ohio' and 'Iowa' and 'OSU' v 'ISU.'
[thanks to a private e-mail from another, non-RRAP person]
My apologies to Iowa State and its grads and fans. Ohio State
had a good computer science section in 1970s and 1980s,
probably still has. Just the same, Professor John V. Atanasoff
had the first idea that was put into practice with the help
of graduate student Clifford Berry...in 1939 to 1942. Iowa
State has some very good pages on the "ABC" in the Internet,
including the working replica.

Jimmie also left out an important patent civil suit between
Honeywell and Sperry-Rand (which had bought out the ENIAC
rights to bail out a near-bankrupt Eckert and Mauchly).
ENIAC had claimed to be the "first." Problem is, Mauchly
had visited ISU, even staying at Atanasoff's hourse for days,
learning about the "ABC," seeing it, talking to Cliff Berry.
In 1941. All of that came out in court and ISU has copies
of the judge's 19 October 1973 final decision paper.

That sort of SELECTIVE highlighting with the sin of
omission or related facts is what the ARRL does most of
the time. Naturally, those who attended the "parochial
school" of the Church of St. Hiram will pick up on the
technique.

The Imposter is just another common carbon-copy of that
mid-life-crisis guy, but one on speed or uppers.

Mitty sure gets around.

Hmmm... "What goes around comes around?" [perish the thought!]

And around and around and around (that shoelace).

Imposter is fit to be tied...or has a fit when tied too tight.
).

Old October 17th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

Even though Jim posts with authority, not all of his postings are
factual.

Give us an example.

He went into fantasy orgasm on ENIAC of 1946.

Just stating facts, Len. Nothing I stated about that machine was
incorrect.

He conveniently
left out the Colossus work in the UK from 1942 onwards and
made NO mention of the Atanasoff-Berry Computer at Iowa State
University in 1939. The "ABC" was recreated (almost exactly
as the original) in 1998 at ISU in Ames, IA.

Was the Colossus a general purpose machine? Was it electronic, or
partly electromechanical? Did it have a jump instruction?

Or was it a custom-made special-purpose decryption machine?

As for the ABC, it was not completely electronic. More importantly, the
original was never completed. ENIAC was fully operational for over a
decade - ABC was not finished until 1998.

I had originally mixed up 'Ohio' and 'Iowa' and 'OSU' v 'ISU.'
[thanks to a private e-mail from another, non-RRAP person]
My apologies to Iowa State and its grads and fans. Ohio State
had a good computer science section in 1970s and 1980s,
probably still has. Just the same, Professor John V. Atanasoff
had the first idea that was put into practice with the help
of graduate student Clifford Berry...in 1939 to 1942. Iowa
State has some very good pages on the "ABC" in the Internet,
including the working replica.

But the original ABC was never fully operational, nor complete.

left out an important patent civil suit between
Honeywell and Sperry-Rand (which had bought out the ENIAC
rights to bail out a near-bankrupt Eckert and Mauchly).
ENIAC had claimed to be the "first." Problem is, Mauchly
had visited ISU, even staying at Atanasoff's hourse for days,
learning about the "ABC," seeing it, talking to Cliff Berry.
In 1941. All of that came out in court and ISU has copies
of the judge's 19 October 1973 final decision paper.

Doesn't change the validity of what I wrote. The ENIAC was completed
and operational by 1946. ABC was not. The patent in question was not
relevant to which machine was the first general purpose, high speed,
electronic digital computer.

That sort of SELECTIVE highlighting with the sin of
omission or related facts is what the ARRL does most of
the time.

That's just sour graoes in your part, Len. Completely untrue.