Old July 22nd 15, 05:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KC8LDO] Anybody using LiFePO4 Sealed Lead Acid form factor batteries with solar panels for a small portable or emergency power system?

I'm looking at getting one from K2 Energy. After showing the guy at K2 the
list price for the Bienno battery he knocked 30% off the list price. It's
the same size as a 7 ah gel cell at half the weight. The datasheet claims it
can do 25 amps continuous output which should be good enough for a 100 watt
radio with intermit transmit duty. Oh, and yes it does have a built in
battery management system for protection. Most, if not all, of the other
LiFePO4 batteries, in this style, I've looked at in this size or smaller
can't do this high of output current on a continuous basis.

http://store.peakbattery.com/12lfpba.html

There are also a couple of others too with about the same or somewhat better
list price.

http://www.bioennopower.com/collecti...d-green-case-1

http://www.powerstream.com/LLLF-12v-10ah.htm

http://www.batterystuff.com/batterie...lfp128100.html

I have a couple of the Renogy 10 watt panels now and want to use with a
Genasun GV5-Li-14.2V MPPT charge controller I'm thinking about ordering too.
The panels and the charge controller along with the battery should be small
enough to pack in a normal sized briefcase.

http://www.renogy-store.com/10W-12V-...-p/rng-10d.htm

http://genasun.com/all-products/sola...ge-controller/