Old August 31st 03, 07:22 AM
Ivan H

Default Extend range of wireless motion sensor

I just bought a 400 ft wireless motion sensor and cannot get the
distance I want (big suprise ). Anyway, I have read a lot about
directional antenas as well as cantenna's on newsgroups and websites
when I was researching options for my home wireless network.

What I would like is a directional (beam) type antenna to see if I can
go the full 400+ feet I really need to go. Could a cantenna or
something of simular design work? I'm not an expert at radio or
electronics, but I can follow directions. Any other suggestions would
also be appreciated.

I have one of those 1000ft driveway sensors and could not get the
range. Hooking up the receiver to my old television antenna, which I
don't use anymore due to DISH, worked like a charm. I tried the same
idea and it seemed to work at first with a dipole antenna connected to
the transmitter and receiver connected to the tv antenna, but then
stopped and never worked again at that range. Not sure why. It still
works at closer ranges.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan