Old May 19th 05, 06:28 AM
Tebojockey

Default QSL from Radio Nederland

R. Nederalnd, 12065, f/d Rainbow Washes Over Amsterdam cd (no. 1 in a
special series of cards) in 42 days for English report and no rp.
Very nice card on good heavy stock, as it should be! This was via the
Petro-Kam site. Nice of them to list the sites and select the one
that you heard. Gives you a way of getting some rare sites.

Al in CNMI

Old May 22nd 05, 02:34 AM
€ Dr. Artaud €

Tebojockey wrote in
:

Ok, I officially give up. What is the link to the "Petro-Kam" site?

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky

Is this of what you speak? Russian?

It's either this or a link to a petrochemicals company.

During my searches for the link to which you refer, and when I found a
similar company by the name of Petrokam, I pondered Oil Rigs. I wonder if
shortwave radio is/was popular on oil rigs, especially isolated ones?

Anyway, please provide the link to the Petro-Kam to which you refer.

Thanks,

Dr. Artaud

Old May 22nd 05, 09:41 AM
dxAce

"€ Dr. Artaud €" wrote:

Tebojockey wrote in
:

Ok, I officially give up. What is the link to the "Petro-Kam" site?

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky

Yep, that would be the transmitter site.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 24th 05, 02:43 AM
Tebojockey

On Sun, 22 May 2005 01:34:01 -0000, "€ Dr. Artaud €"
wrote:

Tebojockey wrote in
:

Ok, I officially give up. What is the link to the "Petro-Kam" site?

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky

Is this of what you speak? Russian?

It's either this or a link to a petrochemicals company.

During my searches for the link to which you refer, and when I found a
similar company by the name of Petrokam, I pondered Oil Rigs. I wonder if
shortwave radio is/was popular on oil rigs, especially isolated ones?

Anyway, please provide the link to the Petro-Kam to which you refer.

Thanks,

Dr. Artaud

This was via the Petro-Kam site. Nice of them to list the sites and
select the one that you heard. Gives you a way of getting some rare
sites.

Al in CNMI

Nederland lists "Petro-Kam" as the site on their card. This is, of
course, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. If you have issues with the way
they list it on their QSL, please address it to them. That's beyond
my control.

I'm sure they'll entertain your perfectionism a lot quicker than I
will. You're on your own for links.

You "officially gave up" too easy, or must have been desperate to
provoke something. Sorry it didn't work out.

Al in CNMI

Old May 24th 05, 11:51 PM
€ Dr. Artaud €

Tebojockey wrote in
:

All I asked for was the WEB address, and I simply was making a statement of
my frustration with trying to find their web site that listed frequencies.
I have spent many hours researching topics of a variety of forms, this was
one that was beyond my capabilities.

Sorry you took offense where none was meant. If you had the address from
the "card", why didn't you list it?

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

This was via the Petro-Kam site.

Old May 25th 05, 02:31 AM
running dogg

€ Dr. Artaud € wrote:

Tebojockey wrote in
:

All I asked for was the WEB address, and I simply was making a statement of
my frustration with trying to find their web site that listed frequencies.
I have spent many hours researching topics of a variety of forms, this was
one that was beyond my capabilities.

Sorry you took offense where none was meant. If you had the address from
the "card", why didn't you list it?

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

This was via the Petro-Kam site.

www.rnw.nl

The web site has sort of a kooky layout, but click around a while and
you'll find freqs. I doubt it lists transmitter sites however, and on
the English language site you'll only find English language
transmissions. Passport is helpful in both respects, although by now the
2005 edition is probably somewhat dated.

Old May 25th 05, 03:43 AM
€ Dr. Artaud €

running dogg wrote in news:4293d643$1_1@spool9-
west.superfeed.net:

Thanks, I give it a look. (Actually a longer look, as I am looking at it
now, but my eye lids are becoming heavy).

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

www.rnw.nl

Old May 25th 05, 07:12 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
running dogg wrote:
www.rnw.nl

The web site has sort of a kooky layout, but click around a while and
you'll find freqs. I doubt it lists transmitter sites however, and on
the English language site you'll only find English language
transmissions. Passport is helpful in both respects, although by now the
2005 edition is probably somewhat dated.

A schedule change or two ago I got a full worldwide list off www.rnw.nl,
with transmitter site and language and all the relays of other programs
that they did, too. Look for a link with "technical information" or
something like that, or try the sitemap.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old May 25th 05, 10:41 PM
Tebojockey

On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:51:29 -0000, "€ Dr. Artaud €"
wrote:

Tebojockey wrote in
:

All I asked for was the WEB address, and I simply was making a statement of
my frustration with trying to find their web site that listed frequencies.
I have spent many hours researching topics of a variety of forms, this was
one that was beyond my capabilities.

Sorry you took offense where none was meant. If you had the address from
the "card", why didn't you list it?

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

This was via the Petro-Kam site.

That was definitely NOT how you phrased your request. If you have the
WRTH, you can easily find their website. If not, try the old standby:
Google.

I did not take offense, but I don't play. Period.

Al in CNMI