Old November 18th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

Default CB radios, ham radios, and frs.gmrs radios outlawed

It is also fine to use microphones with a locking PTT, you
are allowed to lock a microphone while driving as long as
it is fixed down properly.]

Not in the U.S. you aren't. It is a violation of FCC rules to do so.

*http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com

Old December 7th 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

radioguy wrote:

It is also fine to use microphones with a locking PTT, you
are allowed to lock a microphone while driving as long as
it is fixed down properly.]

Not in the U.S. you aren't. It is a violation of FCC rules to
do so.

So, don't use one in the U.S. of A. I thought that your moan
was about Canada outlawing hand microphones. Is it a violation
of FCC rules to have a spare microphone sat in the vehicle for
when you are in other countries? What about the hands-free
option? Do the FCC outlaw all safety related CB equipment?

Here in Europe, different countries have different standards.
We do have a common standard, 40 channel FM, but each country
may also have additional channels and rules. I can buy a CB
which can do any of the European channels and modes. It is
up to me to ensure that I only use it as allowed in whatever
country I am in. For example, I can only use the UK band
(27.60125 - 27.99125MHz) within the UK. If a European country
says "hands-free only, then that is how I would have to use it
there - even if the required hands-free equipment was illegal
for CB use here in England.

Peter.
http://www.bandwidth.radiouk.com/
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

GMRS radios? [email protected] Equipment 28 July 2nd 05 11:34 PM
FS: GMRS and FRS radios Mike CB 2 November 29th 04 03:38 AM
GMRS/FRS radios Sarcastikus Scanner 3 August 30th 04 02:40 AM
WTB - RS 19-903 GMRS Radios Dick Swap 0 September 18th 03 01:08 AM
FRS/GMRS radios Charlie CB 11 July 22nd 03 01:48 AM