Old July 6th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Expensive QSL's

** LEBANON. Glenn, DXers may be interested to know that a 1969 Radio
Liban QSL card has just fetched US$787 at an eBay auction. QSL cards
are well established as collectibles now, and recent price levels
(over US$50 each for AM/SW cards) would indicate that prices are
taking off.

An average collection of, say 1000 cards from the 1960's to date, may
well be worth over US$50,000 depending on which stations are included.
I encourage all DXers to insure their QSL card collections, to make
bequest provisions to lodge them with club collections and
preservation groups or museums, or if they choose to put them on the
market, to be aware of their potential value. 73's (David Ricquish,
Radio Heritage Collection http://www.radiodx.com
Wellington, New Zealand, DX LISTENING DIGEST 3-092, May 27, 2003)

I've got one of those!

Vintage QSLs became valuable collectibles on E-bay, even $358 for
Radio Américas, Swan Island.
(THE SHORTWAVE YEAR IN REVIEW --- by Glenn Hauser for VOA, January 1, 2003)

Unfortunately not one of those!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 6th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

** LEBANON. Glenn, DXers may be interested to know that a 1969 Radio
Liban QSL card has just fetched US$787 at an eBay auction. QSL cards
are well established as collectibles now, and recent price levels
(over US$50 each for AM/SW cards) would indicate that prices are
taking off.

Here is what the card looks like:

http://www.antique-corner.com/SWLQSL/lebanon3.htm

Mine is for reception on Jan. 6, 1970, 11790 kHz.

Old July 7th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Gee Steve. Maybe I will be able to afford that Ford Cobra after all.

BH

Old July 7th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, things are looking a whole lot better!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 7th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
An average collection of, say 1000 cards from the 1960's to date, may
well be worth over US$50,000 depending on which stations are included.
I encourage all DXers to insure their QSL card collections, to make
bequest provisions to lodge them with club collections and
preservation groups or museums, or if they choose to put them on the
market, to be aware of their potential value. 73's (David Ricquish,
Radio Heritage Collection http://www.radiodx.com

Gee, I have probably that many from a hundred countries that I neglected
to send in for a DXCC in the 50s. You just never know what junk will
turn out to be valuable.

I wonder where they are. Probably tossed out in some move.

I even got a nice handwritten letter from the USSR asking me to send
a Vibroplex bug, in exchange for genuine Russian postage stamps.

One of the more mysterious letters in my high school ham career.
An early Nigerian dictator.
--
Ron Hardin