Old July 20th 03, 06:00 PM
Albert P. Belle Isle

Default Omnidirectional (but vertical) loop?

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:09:36 GMT, Albert P. Belle Isle
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:47:48 GMT, Albert P. Belle Isle
wrote:

On a recent visit to a Coast Guard station, I noticed a strange (to
me) member of their antenna farm.

It was mounted atop a 20-25ft un-guyed mast, and appeared to be
constructed of three half-loops, each approximately two feet in
diameter, and each in a vertical plane 120 degrees from its neighbors,
all joined together.

It sort of looked like an egg-beater on a broom handle.

If further clarification is required, imagine three letter 'C' shapes
of equal size, all joined at their open ends, and standing uniformly
spaced so as to appear from above as a 'Y' shape.

Well, it looks like my guess was correct, based upon this TCI antenna
data sheet:

http://www.tcibr.com/PDFs/612625webs.pdf

(The one I saw was only about one meter or so for each loop.)

Good listening,
Al
Location: 42N39, 71W09 (Near Boston, MA)
HF Antennas: 65ft TFD, 45ft T2FD, 28ft vertical, 65ft doublet
HF Receivers: Ten-Tec RX340, RX320, Harris R2368, Cubic R3030A
Decoders: Code300-32, Universal M-8000, PK-232MBX/DSP