Old August 3rd 03, 07:25 PM
Bruce

Default small 10 meter beam for satellite RX

iam wanting the plans to a small 10 meter beam I could use for satillite RX
I am trying to get set up to work RS-15. or a good small beam to buy.
Thanks

Bruce
KD4PQF
Old August 3rd 03, 10:31 PM
Dennis Kaylor

if you want small i would suggest the Par eletronis omni angle 10 meter
loop or you could use a vertical or make a turnstil antenna
a ten meter 3 ele beam isnt small its like got a 6 foot boom but the
eles are 15 foot or so

Old August 4th 03, 01:44 AM
Dan/W4NTI

For satellite work....build a turnstile, as suggested. Then put a 1
wavelength square reflective screen under it. About .1 wavelength as I
recall. Any help here guys? My memory is a bit lacking on this.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 4th 03, 04:21 PM
Zack Lau

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
For satellite work....build a turnstile, as suggested. Then put a 1
wavelength square reflective screen under it. About .1 wavelength as I
recall. Any help here guys? My memory is a bit lacking on this.

Dan/W4NTI

I discovered that you can eliminate the need for the
phasing cable by tying together an inverted Vee with
a dipole, and self phasing the two antennas. Probably
not as good as two identical antennas if you want perfect
phasing, but I've not figured out a cheaper technique for
obtaining circular polarization with a pair of antennas.

Self phasing--the dipole is adjusted for an impedance of
50-j50 ohms and the inverted vee is adjusted for 50+j50
ohms, so that when combined, the impedance is 50 ohms
and a 90 degree phase shift is obtained.

Zack Lau W1VT

Old August 5th 03, 11:24 PM

One trick I used (but this mainly at 435/145 , back in oscar 6/7 days was a
1/4 wave ground plane, but with the element bent to about a 45 degree angle
towards the north pole. no gain, but as stated, shouldn't need much to hear
the birds! might give it a try! Jim NN7K

"Mark Keith" wrote in message
om...

. com...

Vee Beam info needed W5DXP Antenna 5 August 6th 03 07:39 AM
Small beam Javier Henderson Antenna 14 July 30th 03 10:57 PM
TA-33 Beam question GS Antenna 3 July 26th 03 04:09 PM
30 meter add-on for HF2-V idea Terry Ashland Antenna 1 July 25th 03 05:16 AM
Need help with a Comet 6 meter beam Antenna 0 July 24th 03 10:55 PM