Old April 3rd 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ten Tec rx 320 on linux

friendlyneighborhooddisease wrote:

Linux sources:
http://radio.linux.org.au/

And more specifically:
http://tinyurl.com/2wd259

Why all the folders on your desktop? I use ubuntu as well and only have
one desktop icon, for my external drive. I put my favorite apps on the
top bar and store my files "inside". You look like you're still running
(ecchhh...) Windows.

You know how to hurt a guy. Actually, there are two work windows, and
the other one is a lot cleaner, with the minimum of blemishes.

That being said, the 320 GUI looks great!

Yes, it's also quite functional. The mouse wheel works the tuning knob
when the pointer is placed anywhere over the front face of the radio. A
spreadsheet style data base, which isn't shown, also allows tuning by
double clicking on a frequency.

Screen shots of a few other control programs, mainly Wind*:

http://www.mindspring.com/~tom2000/rx320/ScreenShot.gif
http://www.callsignsoftware.com/images/sc320ani.gif
http://www.dxtra.com/screenshots/index.html
http://www.g7ltt.com/drm/rx320mods/2...-RX320-RNW.jpg
http://www.qsl.net/ab9b/KF5OJ/index.html

There are a few more, all with their own features.

mike

Old April 3rd 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Ten Tec RX-320 on Linux and other PC "Rig Control" Software

-
- Screen shots of a few other control programs, mainly Wind*:
-
- http://www.mindspring.com/~tom2000/rx320/ScreenShot.gif

1st See Impression : So-So

- http://www.callsignsoftware.com/images/sc320ani.gif

1st See Impression : Too Much

- http://www.dxtra.com/screenshots/index.html

1st See Impression : Basic

- http://www.g7ltt.com/drm/rx320mods/2...-RX320-RNW.jpg

1st See Impression : Understandable

- http://www.qsl.net/ab9b/KF5OJ/index.html

1st See Impression : Easily Understandable
*Best-of-Class* Clifton Turner's "RX320 Controller"
for the TenTec RX-320 Receiver. ~ RHF

-
Old April 4th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:
[...]

Ahh yes, the other desktop. Apologies. I've been using ubuntu since
Xmas, naked to the world, no malware. What a feeling of liberation from
the hyperparanoid world of Microsoft...

Old April 4th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

friendlyneighborhooddisease wrote:

Ahh yes, the other desktop. Apologies. I've been using ubuntu since
Xmas, naked to the world, no malware. What a feeling of liberation from
the hyperparanoid world of Microsoft...

I still use a firewall, just in case. Try Firestarter. It's easy to set
up and you don't have to start editing arcane, hidden iptables files.
The real Linux users would cringe at that last line.

It's surprising what traffic comes your way.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firestarter

This is a good site to check ANY computer for weaknesses:

http://www.grc.com/intro.htm

Click on the 'Shields Up' logo, then move down the page to 'Shields up'.

After clicking on that, click on the 'Proceed' button.

On the next page, I usually click the 'All Service Ports' button.

All the squares should show up green.

Let me know if you decide to try it and have an unusual result.

mike
Old May 15th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

-http://www.g7ltt.com/drm/rx320mods/20030506-RX320-RNW.jpg

1st See Impression : Understandable

-http://www.qsl.net/ab9b/KF5OJ/index.html

1st See Impression : Easily Understandable
*Best-of-Class* Clifton Turner's "RX320 Controller"
for the TenTec RX-320Receiver. ~ RHF

-
- There are a few more, all with their own features.
-
- mike- Hide quoted text -

DB320 is Clifton Turner's front end for the ILGRadio database,
a free database of shortwave broadcast programs.

ILG Professional Access:
ILG Databases and Software are CONFIDENTIAL, not for the general
public

So is DB320 a 'product' without an Intended End-Use ?

~ RHF

Old May 15th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Ten-Tec RX320[D] using WorldStation Rig-Control Software in WindowsXP ?

On May 14, 5:38*pm, RHF wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:15*pm, RHF wrote:

On Apr 3, 9:28*am, m II wrote:

[...]

Anyone using WorldStation Rig-Control Software and the
Ten-Tec RX-320D [PC Based] Shortwave Receiver running
the Windows "XP" OS ? - iwtk ~ RHF
http://www.dxtra.com/rx320.html
Old May 16th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ten-Tec RX-320[D] PC-Controlled Shortwave Receiver -Info-

RHF wrote:

Ten-Tec RX-320 PC-Controlled Shortwave Receiver
-by- Lee Reynolds -source- Monitoring Times
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtrx320.html
* Software for the Ten-Tec RX320[D] Receiver
.
Ten-Tec RX-320D PC-Controlled Shortwave Receiver
http://radio.tentec.com/amateur/receivers/RX320
.
Ten-Tec RX-320D SWL Receiver Users Group on Yahoo!
.

I didn't read no steenkin' reviews before buying.

You just KNOW the front end of ANY radio made on Dolly Parton Drive has
to be GOOD.

I haven't been disappointed.

mike
Old May 16th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 16, 2:50*pm, m II wrote:
RHF wrote:
Ten-Tec RX-320 PC-Controlled Shortwave Receiver
-by- Lee Reynolds -source- Monitoring Times
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtrx320.html
* Software for the Ten-Tec RX320[D] Receiver
*.
Ten-Tec RX-320D PC-Controlled Shortwave Receiver
http://radio.tentec.com/amateur/receivers/RX320
*.
Ten-Tec RX-320D SWL Receiver Users Group on Yahoo!
*.

- I didn't read no steenkin' reviews before buying.

- You just KNOW the front end of ANY radio made
- on Dolly Parton Drive has to be GOOD.

Sure would 'qualified as : Large and RoBust ! ;-}

- I haven't been disappointed.
-
- mike

The separate Desk-Top or Lap Top Computer that is
used to run the Ten-Tec RX-320 Receiver; or any other
SDR will most likely cost more and use more power.
Old May 17th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 16, 10:07*am, RHF wrote:
On May 14, 6:01*pm, RHF wrote:

On May 14, 5:38*pm, RHF wrote:

On Apr 3, 1:15*pm, RHF wrote:

On Apr 3, 9:28*am, m II wrote:

[...]

Ten-Tec RX-320D PC-Controlled Shortwave Receiverhttp://radio.tentec.com/amateur/receivers/RX320
*.

Palm320 Control Program -by- Greg Majewski
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/body_palm320.html
-source- Monitoring Times Magazine
Use a Palm Pilot to run your TenTec 320.
Old May 25th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default eBay Q&A : May I Ask, What kind of a Moron would put a $3000 [RX] onthe Floor ?

eBay Auction Q&A : May I ask,

Ten Tec rx 320 on linux RHF Shortwave 0 April 3rd 08 11:57 AM
EZNEC and Linux Roy Lewallen Antenna 49 March 11th 07 08:46 PM
Can't run TCP/IP through AX.25 using Linux [email protected] Digital 15 February 17th 06 03:05 PM
New Linux Box ! Al Patrick Shortwave 1 March 10th 05 02:49 AM
Linux Software synapsisdefect Shortwave 1 November 2nd 04 05:58 AM