Old August 2nd 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Failure Rate of the E1XM

On Aug 2, 7:01 am, wrote:
Hey there, Im curious of all you E1XM owners out there if you've
experienced an unusually high failure rate of the radio. I purchased
mine in June 06 as a
factory refurb from Heartland America (sn/35xx). Out of the box it had
a dead
4khz filter and had to go to Drake for repair, 11 months later the
thing went DOA and again had to goto Drake. In both these instances
Eton's customer service was great and they took care of the problem.
Well, now the radio is inoperable (again), none of the softkeys work
(no direct freq selection, mode, bw, etc), only the knobs work, I have
emailed Eton three times and have received no response, I emailed
Drake and they replied they will service it for $80 an hour. Anyone
out there experiencing so many problems with this model? When it
works, its my favorite receiver, and Ive never used it portable or
even with batteries (oh yeah, it wont work on DC right now
either...).
I dont want this to become a money pit, any feedback on this?

Chris

What did you expect for a Radio that was built in India by a bunch of
Dot Blots!

Old August 2nd 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 2, 9:27 am, Douche Bag wrote:
On Aug 2, 7:01 am, wrote:

[...]

Douche Bag,

Once Again You Live Up To Your Screen Name.

~ RHF

Failure Rate of the E1XM [email protected] Shortwave 1 August 2nd 07 11:39 PM
FS: Eton E1XM Kevin Nathan Shortwave 0 June 3rd 07 11:17 PM
Eton E1XM for sale [email protected] Shortwave 0 November 29th 05 05:59 AM
Fatal Flaw in Eton E1XM David Shortwave 17 November 23rd 05 05:08 AM