Old August 11th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What Happened to Grundig?

The Eton E1 is made in India! The E1 has had quailty issues since day
one. Sharper Image stopped selling them because of quailty issues. If
the flagship radio of Eton is a piece of junk, I can imagine what the
rest of their models are like.
Han wrote:
I had a Grundig Yacht Boy 400 back in the mid 1990's and I loved that
little radio.

The Grundig is still besides my bed and performs great, there is only
one flaw. sometimes the radio goes to one freq and stays there no
matter which button you pusg. Distoting the case makes the solution.It
works again. It happens every few month.

Success with finding a new grundig 400

Greeting
Han. The Netherlands

If you want you can visit my website:
http://home.hetnet.nl/~hanhardonk/
which contains more than 100 recordings of radiostations below 30 MHz

Old August 11th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Grundig sold out to China.I dont know about all of the Eton radios but
the Eton E1 radios are made/assembled in India.I own only one Grundig
radio which I believe was made by Telefunken and the radio was made in
Germany.It is an AM/FM/Shortwave/Phonograph wooden cabinet floor model
radio.One of the two little paper owners/operators manuals in the radio
has the date 1957 so I believe the radio is about 49 or 50 years old.I
also own a large Telefunken Opus 7 AM/FM/Shortwave table model wooden
cabinet radio.I dont know what year it was made but I think in the late
1950's or early to mid 1960's.I bought the floor model radio at a
Goodwill store for $14.00,the other radio I paid $4.00 for at a Goodwill
store.
cuhulin

Looking for an Indoor Antenna for my Grundig Satellit 800 Radio RHF Shortwave 2 June 9th 06 11:36 PM
The Eton E1 XM Radio -=V=- Grundig Satellite 800 M [ Plus Some History ] RHF Shortwave 10 January 6th 05 05:56 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 01:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 01:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 01:14 PM