Old December 20th 04, 07:42 PM
DAVID BROWNE

Default dc grounding on 25ft trap vertical ant 10m-80m

hi i have this ant and it dose not have dc grounding from ant to ground will
it help clear static if i was to fit a dc ground, i have run ground to
ground of ant, if dc ground will help , what inductor can i use or can i
make coil
thanks dave browne 2e0dmb

Old December 21st 04, 05:38 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:42:02 GMT, "DAVID BROWNE"
wrote:
hi i have this ant and it dose not have dc grounding from ant to ground will
it help clear static if i was to fit a dc ground, i have run ground to
ground of ant, if dc ground will help , what inductor can i use or can i
make coil

Hi David,

Add some radials to your vertical antenna. Research this by going to
google groups and doing a search using the keywords "ground" and
"radials."

Add a choke at the feedpoint. This can be a coil of transmission
line, or a 1:1 Current BalUn.

If you still have static noise AND it is due to charged particles
(smoke, soot, rain, snow, dust) then add a 1K Ohm resistor across the
feed point (or any handy choke of more than a 100 µH).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Old December 29th 04, 07:05 AM
Charlie

Just recently installed a Hustler 4-BTV ground mounted vertical. I added 20
tuned radials on 10,15,and 20M each for a total of 60 tuned radials. I also
added 12 tuned radials on 40M. I was lazy and bought them from DX
Engineering where I also got their stainless steel ground radial plate and
the nifty tilt-over mount for the 4-BTV (and other verts as well). I did a
little tweaking on the 4-BTV today and the tilt over was a breeze to
use..what a treat to be able to complete an antenna tweak in about 2 minutes
total time. Rig is ICOM 746 PRO and I am working all the DX I can hear.

www.dxengineering.com

Photos and stuff on my site listed below.... 73 / DX

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

news

Old December 31st 04, 10:12 PM
w9gb

"Charlie" wrote in message
Just recently installed a Hustler 4-BTV ground mounted vertical. I added
20 tuned radials on 10,15,and 20M each for a total of 60 tuned radials. I
also added 12 tuned radials on 40M. I was lazy and bought them from DX
Engineering where I also got their stainless steel ground radial plate and
the nifty tilt-over mount for the 4-BTV (and other verts as well). I did
a little tweaking on the 4-BTV today and the tilt over was a breeze to
use..what a treat to be able to complete an antenna tweak in about 2
minutes total time. Rig is ICOM 746 PRO and I am working all the DX I can
hear.

www.dxengineering.com

Photos and stuff on my site listed below.... 73 / DX

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Very nice install and photos ... that is the way this antenna should be
installed !

w9gb

Old December 31st 04, 10:18 PM
Charlie

Thanks for those nice words...just today I added the 75M Hustler "Super
Resonator" and got it tuned to the 75M dx window. Can't wait till this
evening to do some 75M dx work. I do not have it guyed but do have the tilt
over bracket so if it's windy I can tilt it over all the way.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Old January 1st 05, 05:11 AM

Charlie wrote:
Thanks for those nice words...just today I added the 75M Hustler

"Super
Resonator" and got it tuned to the 75M dx window. Can't wait till

this
evening to do some 75M dx work. I do not have it guyed but do have

the tilt
over bracket so if it's windy I can tilt it over all the way.

Nice looking installation but how will you mow the lawn next spring
when the grass grows up thru your radial farm? Without the mower eating
the radials?? I'd bury the things and forget them but I'm curious about
how you plan to solve the problem.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

w3rv

Old January 1st 05, 06:37 PM
Charlie

Hi Kelly..
I am slowly but surely covering the radials with top soil out of our
pasture. I should be done in time so that once the grass needs to be mowed I
can set the deck for 2 inches ( I usually cut at 1 inch) and the soil
covered radials will be fine..I hope!!!

73 / DX

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old January 2nd 05, 03:20 AM
Roy Lewallen

I've laid radials out over a lawn a number of times. The grass roots
grow right over them in a short time, and the radials just disappear. No
problems mowing. I do staple them down with pieces of electric fence
wire bent into a U shape, to keep them down against the ground until the
grass grows over them.

But this is an exceptionally good area for growing grass -- grass seed
is the largest agricultural crop around here.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

wrote:

Nice looking installation but how will you mow the lawn next spring
when the grass grows up thru your radial farm? Without the mower eating
the radials?? I'd bury the things and forget them but I'm curious about
how you plan to solve the problem.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com
Live Blues Music
www.492acousticblues.com

w3rv

Inverted ground plane antenna: compared with normal GP and low dipole. Serge Stroobandt, ON4BAA Antenna 8 February 24th 11 11:22 PM
Single ground Bill Ogden Antenna 26 November 25th 04 04:47 AM
Grounding for Vertical Question Mike Coslo Antenna 1 November 29th 03 08:36 PM