Old October 15th 03, 07:54 PM
Biz WDØHCO

Default Come on take a break!

Turn OFF that computer - Turn OFF that TV...

....and fire up your favorite Boat Anchor short wave receiver.

What's on tonight ? Glad you asked!

http://www.megacycles.biz

- Biz - WDØHCO

Old October 15th 03, 11:01 PM
C.L.F.

Sounds like a good idea! Once I get moved to my new place and get the
antennas up, I will be doing more. Speaking of Boat Anchors, I kinda miss
the glow and "warmth" of the tube sets on a cold winters night.. Not to
mention the audio. My Kenwood TS440 is a nice rig, but it doesn't compare to
the audio of the tube rigs. I can't wait!

--
Lou

Need something in Electronics, Gifts, Fund-Raisers?
E-mail my shop at
OR stop by the new web site (still under construction) at
KA3FLU.W3RON.COM

Ask for our list of items on clearance!

Old October 16th 03, 01:13 AM
Jim

Turn OFF that computer - Turn OFF that TV...
...and fire up your favorite Boat Anchor short wave receiver.

What's on tonight ? Glad you asked!

Thanks for posting that schedule. I'm in the process of moving gear,
so no listening for a few nights. Find something good and listen to it
twice (once for me).
Jim

Old October 16th 03, 09:14 AM
Nc183d

Hi,
The TV is off, the pc is shutdown. The house is cold (NW.N.J.). Time to warm up
the area with the heating power of an SX11 with an open lid.... Those 6L6's can
warm up any space... And I get to hear opinions from all over the world...
rgds,
Mark S.

Old October 22nd 03, 03:21 AM
dxlover

The house is cold (NW.N.J.). Time to warm up
the area with the heating power of an SX11 with an open lid.... Those

6L6's can
warm up any space... And I get to hear opinions from all over the world...
rgds,

I hear you Mark, great thread. I've had the 140X on since 530pm and it is
extremely warm. I always have the cabinet off that particular piece so it
does 'spead out the warmth.' :-)

I highly advice if you have two boatanchors, somewhat close to each other,
to keep the cabinet off one of them. It has started many a conversations
when people visit my office/shack for the first time.

--
^~^~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~^~^~^
*********Hammarlund129X & 140X**********