Old September 19th 03, 07:28 PM
'Doc

Default G5IJ antenna: What is this?

BR,
This is the 'best' that I could find with a quick
'Google' search. (Spelling as I found it.)

"Basically it is a twin line radiator driven by a
toroidal transformer so as the two lines are fed
in fase.
This article was originally inspired by the
"G5IJ
Push-Push Twin Line antenna" in Radcom March
1996 - Technical Topics by Pat Hawker G3VA."

Don't know as it will help much, but at least it's a start.
'Doc
Old September 22nd 03, 08:37 AM
Bernhard Rhondin

In principle: Thank You for Your effort!

However, this much (or should I say: little) I found out on Internet for
myself.
What is actually won by having a twin line radiator? Low feeding point
Z? (is this really
an advantage?) Increased Earth Loss? (this is obviously NOT an
advantage!).
A hoax? Or what? I do simply do not understand WHY! How can I make one
for myself
and test it (or simulate in NEC4)?

BR