Old July 13th 03, 02:09 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Default Uniden 785D New Accessories.

Hopefully, someone will read this post and can help.

I've written about this before. I was awaiting an answer from Uniden,
apparently in vain.

Does someone have the 785D that they can verify something for me?

For the weather alert feature, If I get to the section that allows setting the

FIPS code, following the instructions as they are written,

1. Press Menu
2. Select 1:Service Option/1: Weather/2:Alert by rotating the VFO and
pressing E.
3. Select 1:ON by rotating the VFO and pressing E.
4. Select the desired memory number (FIPS code 1~15) by rotating the VFO
and pressing E. When you rotate the VFO or use \/ to move down when FIPS Code
1 is displayed or the VFO or use /\ to move up when the FIPS Code is
displayed, ALL FIPS appears in the display.
5. Press E.

Remember! You can also use the /\ or the \/ instead of rotating the VFO. Also
instead of pressing E, you can press the VFO Control.

My problem is that when I select the FIPS Code Memory according to step 4
above, then press E as stated, I enter the Edit FIPS code screen. Never does
the radio seem to take the chosen memory, it loops between step 4 and the Edit

FIPS code as E is alternately pressed.

Although once the desired FIPS code memory is displayed, I can exit by
pressing SRVC then selecting 1: Weather, I have problems with my radio
alarming on alerts to an adjacent state. I may be wrong but I don't seem to
get alerts for an adjacent county. (which is normal). I have another dedicated

Weather radio, it never picks up the adjacent state's alerts. (also normal).
When I get an improper alert, and I listen to the radio broadcast, the alert
IS NOT being issued for my county.

Does any else have problems with this, can someone do the steps outlined above

and let me know what your radio does when on step 4 then press E?

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

FA: Pair of Uniden GMRS750 GMRS/FRS radios Bill Murcheski CB 0 May 27th 04 08:04 PM
WANTED: Uniden Scanner BC002 CTCSS Tone Board Jim Equipment 0 February 6th 04 01:16 AM
UNIDEN Pro-510 CB NOW made in RED CHINA !!!!!!! Dave or Debby CB 7 February 1st 04 11:18 PM
FS: Uniden MR-8100 BiteFace Scanner 0 July 11th 03 11:45 PM
Uniden 785D The Dawn Soliloquy Scanner 0 July 8th 03 10:40 PM