Old March 18th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Avery W3AVE

Default FS: W-225 whip amp board for Lowe HF-225

A coworker's sister in London did me a favor by ordering this option
from Lowe for my Europa. Postage plus a bottle of wine to thank her ran
the cost to about $65. (I did have her get the telescoping antenna and
the technical manual as well.)

Now I've discovered I didn't even need the board. It's already
installed. Yes, I'd taken off the cover, but I wasn't looking for the
the whip antenna board, because the seller told me he didn't have the
whip and never had.

Yeah, stupid. I know.

Anyway...if you need this board for an HF-225 or Europa, I'll sell it
for what I paid--18 pounds ($31.60 at current exchange rate, call it
$31) plus $5 shipping. Total of $36.

As Lowe owners know, the company now refuses to ship to North America,
so unless you find parts here or go through the gymnastics I did,
you're out of luck.

Anybody want the board before it goes up on e**y?

Old March 18th 06, 08:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

Default W-225 whip amp board for Lowe HF-225

That is also the same board for the HF-250. The price is good.

Pete

oups.com...