Old January 4th 04, 09:59 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default CW Morse Code F ?

Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send good CW?
I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
tnx
han wd5jfr

Old January 4th 04, 10:11 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

Old January 4th 04, 10:35 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I have it, and it's neat and unique but I want to copy real information.
73
hank wd5jfr
"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
nk.net...
Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

Old January 4th 04, 10:48 PM
Jackie

How about W1AW code practice bulletins from the ARRL? See freqs and times at
the ARRL website:

http://www.arrl.org/w1aw.html#w1awsked

Jackie

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I have it, and it's neat and unique but I want to copy real information.
73
hank wd5jfr
"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
nk.net...
Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send

good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

Old January 4th 04, 10:59 PM
J999w

The best practice is to get on and work someone. Even if it's a buddy down the
street.

Good Luck!

jw
wb9uai

Old January 4th 04, 10:59 PM
Freddie

Henry,

Simple enough...go to your favorite news source on the web and cut and paste
an article into the Koch trainer.

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I have it, and it's neat and unique but I want to copy real information.
73
hank wd5jfr
"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
nk.net...
Henry, I'd recommend the G4FON program. It's even better!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
| Anyone got any good frequencies aside from the ham bands that send

good
CW?
| I'm tyring to get my code speed up after years dormancy.
| tnx
| han wd5jfr

---

Old January 5th 04, 05:46 AM
WShoots1

Speaking of CW... I read recently that the ITU is coming up with a unique code
for the @ sign. I believe it's .--.-. (didadadidadit, i.e., A and C sent as
one).

73,
Bill, K5BY
Old January 5th 04, 10:58 AM
gil

Just take a listen on any of the ham bands in the CW portion.
--
Please remove NOSPAM to reply

Old January 5th 04, 02:06 PM
RHF

Bill [K5BY],

1. I would have logically thought that the "@" Sign would have
been represented as "A" (.-) and "T" (-) for [AT] (.--) Prosign.

but, But. BUT ! (.--) is already used for "W".

Oh... NEVER MIND !

TBL: So the Prosign "AC" (.--.-.) will be the "@" Sign in CW.

2. I would think that the "DOT" (Period) would simply be the
* CW "Period" (.-.-.-) {6}
* Vice Spelling Out "DOT" in CW as (-.. --- -) {9}

3. Question: How is the [World Wide Web] Anagram "WWW" sent ?
? Simply as "W W W" (.-- .-- .--) the three separate Letters.
? Or simply as "www" (.--.--.--) a compress 'www' Prosign.

ow... ~ RHF
= = = One Wonders... and Begins to Think !
..
..
= = = (WShoots1)