Old May 31st 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Cushcraft R3 matching network part detail

Does anyone know what is exactly in the "matching network assembly"
part for the Cushcraft R3 vertical? I'm sure it's a couple of small
capacitors, but I need the values in order to build a replacement for
my antenna. Everything else on the antenna is operational (the tuning
capacitor, elements, remote control, etc.).

Thanks,
Prentice
N4VBH

Old June 3rd 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

N4VBH wrote:
Does anyone know what is exactly in the "matching network assembly"
part for the Cushcraft R3 vertical? I'm sure it's a couple of small
capacitors, but I need the values in order to build a replacement for
my antenna. Everything else on the antenna is operational (the tuning
capacitor, elements, remote control, etc.).

Thanks,
Prentice
N4VBH

Per Joe, W1JR

HI Tom,

You're in luck. I have one of the largest (if not the most complete)
collections of Cushcraft assembly manuals etc. anywhere.

According to my notes, the lowest capacitor, the one closest to
ground is around 78 pFd and the upper one is around 138 pFd. I'm sure
anything near that value will be sufficient.

73,

Joe, W1JR

You may know the answer to this question -