Old February 16th 04, 08:47 PM
Steve Wolf

Default Are Alincos Throw-Away Radios? (Finding a DJ-C5 Battery)

Can anyone suggest a source for the battery shown at
http://www.w8iz.com/ham/alinco/alinco%20battery.htm

I have two Alinco DJ-C5 radios that I use both at home for fun and at work
for monitoring business frequencies. I now need a new battery. Alinco
parts quotes the battery at $48.00. The radio is worth $150 new. The
battery represents one-third of the value of the radio.

The local and Internet ham radio battery shops do NOT have this battery.
Alternative ideas are also solicited. Obviously I don't want to carry a
bulky pack but even something less expensive that can be taped to the back
would be fine. For example, a Pentax L-LI8 pack (~$8.00!!!) could be taped
to the back of the radio. That battery is shown at the bottom of the page.
Where could I get a battery clip to allow me to easily install and remove
such a replacement? Another replacement was found on page 1130 of the
Mouser #617 catalog (part 521-7PN (at a cost of $6.72!!!)). It would fit
inside the case but would it charge properly?

I bet this Alinco battery is also used as a camera battery. The question is
how to find it.

Thanks,
Steve, W8IZ

Are Alincos Throw-Away Radios? (Finding a DJ-C5 Battery) Steve Wolf Equipment 36 February 19th 04 03:51 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 08:53 AM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 08:53 AM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 04:56 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIOS HT1000'S , VISAR'S ,& MAXTRAC'S John Equipment 0 January 19th 04 06:44 AM