Old May 29th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Herb.Breitenfellner

Default spice models

Hi,
i am looking for a 2N3866, 2N5109 spice model.(LT-Spice) Other RF models
also welcome.May someone can point me in the right direction.

Vy 73 de Herb - OE5BRL
Old May 30th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
K7ITM

Looks like the company that put out the following PDF:

http://home.earthlink.net/~wksands/nonlin.pdf

has spice models. I suppose you have to pay for them, though. I'm
surprised a Google search didn't turn up any free models. How accurate
do they need to be? You can bulid your own, certainly...you can use
the BJT model and add the package parasitic inductances, resistances,
and capacitances, and probably get decent correspondence with the way
real parts perform. I have a book about building Spice semiconductor
models, but haven't done any of that for a long time and never was into
it deeply enough to think I'm good at it.

www.duncanamps.com has quite a bit of spice stuff, including some
transistor models and links (some broken by now) to manufacturers'
spice stuff.

Cheers,
Tom

Old May 30th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Gary Morton

Herb.Breitenfellner wrote:
Hi,
i am looking for a 2N3866, 2N5109 spice model.(LT-Spice) Other RF models
also welcome.May someone can point me in the right direction.

Vy 73 de Herb - OE5BRL

Herb,

I've also searched for the same Spice models and also any RF power
transistor models. I didn't turn up anything except some very recent
power devices with very very high (GHz) Ft. I was hoping to simulate a
linear amplifier.

If you find anything please post again with details.

--Gary
Old May 31st 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
K7ITM

A bit more about spice models for RF transistors...

www.duncanamps.com has transistor models for some parts, as I noted
before. Specifically, there are several models for Motorola RF parts,
with the Moto numbers like MMBR931.

Some manufacturers provide spice models for current production parts,
if not for obsolete ones. For example, if you download the Philips RF
manual (as a PDF), you will find a page (current edition it's page 31)
of links to parts with spice models. The links take you to the Philips
page for that part; look for a link to the spice model on that page.

There seem to be some spice models on the ON semiconductor website, but
I don't know how to search them very efficiently. Maybe there's a
way...

Avago Technologies (used to be part of Agilent, used to be part of HP)
generally has a good set of S-parameters for various bias conditions
for their parts. Since the parts are generally intended for linear
amplifier service, that's reasonable.

It would be nice to have a place on the web to archive at least links
to models, if not (for copyright reasons) the models themselves.
Anyone know of such a site?

Old May 31st 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Herb:

Take a look at http://www.sss-mag.com/pdf/rfosc.pdf and you'll find a 2N5109
SPICE model in the article.

Sorry, I don't have a 2N5179 model. Since there was a 5109 model, maybe
enough patience will get you a model on Google.

Chuck

Old May 31st 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon

wrote:
Herb:

Take a look at
http://www.sss-mag.com/pdf/rfosc.pdf and you'll find a 2N5109
SPICE model in the article.

Sorry, I don't have a 2N5179 model. Since there was a 5109 model, maybe
enough patience will get you a model on Google.

Zetex has one, they make the 2N5179 in SMT (FFMT5179). I've got it in
my library, with two for other manufacturers.

Leon