Mckay Dymek DA-100D

Old December 30th 03, 01:05 AM
Mike Maghakian

Default Mckay Dymek DA-100D

I have the base unit of the DA-100D active antenna (model before the
current unit) I was wondering if the base unit does anything with the
aux antenna input. since I don't have the remote whip part I was
wondering what I could do with the base. I don't have the manual so
any real experience or knowledge would be appreciated. if you don't
know you don't have to guess.
Old December 30th 03, 01:24 AM
Ron Hardin

Mike Maghakian wrote:

I have the base unit of the DA-100D active antenna (model before the
current unit) I was wondering if the base unit does anything with the
aux antenna input. since I don't have the remote whip part I was
wondering what I could do with the base. I don't have the manual so
any real experience or knowledge would be appreciated. if you don't
know you don't have to guess.

I imagine it supplies +12v to the center conductor of the coax, and
takes the RF off of it at the output of the unit. The aux antenna
input connects to the output of the unit when it's turned off.

I believe there's no amplifiers inside.

I accidentally used a DA100E base unit with a Wellbrook ALA1530 and
it worked okay (I have BNC connections on all the incoming antennas
so can get them mixed up if I'm not paying attention).
--
Ron Hardin

Old December 30th 16, 12:59 AM
Lewk Lewk is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maghakian View Post
I have the base unit of the DA-100D active antenna (model before the
current unit) I was wondering if the base unit does anything with the
aux antenna input. since I don't have the remote whip part I was
wondering what I could do with the base. I don't have the manual so
any real experience or knowledge would be appreciated. if you don't
know you don't have to guess.
I have a complete Dymek DA 100D with manual and schematic. The aux antenna is a pass through only.

McKay Dymak DR 55 Info Needed COLIN LAMB Boatanchors 0 October 13th 04 03:33 AM
Mackay 3041A (or is it McKay) Rob Mills Shortwave 3 December 22nd 03 05:29 PM
Wanted: Mckay Dymek Jan Lindstrom Shortwave 1 October 26th 03 03:00 AM
Mckay Dymek Jan Lindstrom Boatanchors 0 October 26th 03 02:01 AM
Mckay Dymek Jan Lindstrom Boatanchors 0 October 26th 03 02:01 AM