Old May 19th 04, 03:50 PM
Mike Coslo

Default CW Testing Question

If Pro CW Testing Amateurs a

Feet firmly planted in the past folks and elitist snobs......

Why wouldn't they WANT the Morse code testing eliminated so that they
could get on the air and only associate with like minded individuals?

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old May 19th 04, 05:21 PM
Bert Craig

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
If Pro CW Testing Amateurs a

Feet firmly planted in the past folks and elitist snobs......

Why wouldn't they WANT the Morse code testing eliminated so that they
could get on the air and only associate with like minded individuals?

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

- Mike KB3EIA -

That'll likely happen, Mike. If and when Element 1 is retained solely for
the Extra, I suspect the Extra CW sub-bands will become a pretty crowded
place. Kinda silly as those who won't (Not can't.) learn CW won't be on any
CW sub-bands.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old May 19th 04, 11:44 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

If Pro CW Testing Amateurs a

Feet firmly planted in the past folks and elitist snobs......

Why wouldn't they WANT the Morse code testing eliminated so that they
could get on the air and only associate with like minded individuals?

Because then they couldn't call themselves "Pro CW Testing
Amateurs." :-)

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

I disagree. It would be Removal of Amateur Radio As They Know It
and they won't, can't have that. Blasphemy against the Church
of St. Hiram.

Liken this period of time to the Dark Days of the Catholic Church.
The late Don Stoner (the "S" in SGC Corporation*, makers of the
SG-2020 HF transceiver) may be the counterpart of a Martin Luther
from his editorial (quoted by Hans Brakob many times) in nailing
"theses" to the "church door...or the NECVEC petition (RM-10870)
may be part of that also.

"Tradition" of always having a code test for amateurism is so firmly
implanted (or brain-washed into) in minds that any suggestion of
removal of the code test is considered by those PCTA as heresy,
almost an abomination to some god.

Amateur radio = radiotelegraphy is an equation which those
stubborn soles of see-double-you require all to walk on.

* The "G" of SGC, Pierre Goral, passed on several months ago.

LHA / WMD

Old May 19th 04, 11:56 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
If Pro CW Testing Amateurs a

Feet firmly planted in the past folks and elitist snobs......

Why wouldn't they WANT the Morse code testing eliminated so that they
could get on the air and only associate with like minded individuals?

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Because we can do that right now Mike. I don't consider it being elitist to
want to continue with a known effective mode. Those that want to get rid of
it are world class fools.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 19th 04, 11:58 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
et...
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
If Pro CW Testing Amateurs a

Feet firmly planted in the past folks and elitist snobs......

Why wouldn't they WANT the Morse code testing eliminated so that they
could get on the air and only associate with like minded individuals?

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

- Mike KB3EIA -

That'll likely happen, Mike. If and when Element 1 is retained solely for
the Extra, I suspect the Extra CW sub-bands will become a pretty crowded
place. Kinda silly as those who won't (Not can't.) learn CW won't be on

any
CW sub-bands.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

I've been a Extra for 30 years now. I hardly ever operate in the exclusive
subbands, either phone or cw. But here lately I have been.

I have no problem with leaving 50 khz per band for CW.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 20th 04, 03:20 AM
Brian

I run CW on any ham freq I want to.

The sub bands mean nothing to me.

MWAHAHAHAH

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
et...

Old May 20th 04, 05:49 AM
Len Over 21

In article . net,
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Because we can do that right now Mike. I don't consider it being elitist to
want to continue with a known effective mode. Those that want to get rid of
it are world class fools.

The REST OF THE RADIO WORLD GOT RID OF TELEGRAPHY.

Are all those other radio services "fools" that they got rid of
radiotelegraphy?

I guess you think so. shrug

How's your therapy coming along?

LHA / WMD

Why You Don't Like The ARRL Louis C. LeVine Policy 803 January 23rd 04 02:12 AM
S band antenna testing Allan Butler Antenna 4 December 21st 03 08:26 PM
My response to Jim Wiley, KL7CC Brian Policy 3 October 24th 03 12:02 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM