Old May 24th 05, 06:35 PM
JusLookin

Default Replacement bulb for Icom 751a meter?

Anyone know if this bulb can be cross-referenced to something more
common, or am I going ot have to buy one from Icom? Mike AB7RU
To reply via email remove spamnot
Old May 24th 05, 07:41 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:35:38 -0700, JusLookin wrote:
Anyone know if this bulb can be cross-referenced to something more
common, or am I going ot have to buy one from Icom? Mike AB7RU

Why not drop in an LED (with a suitable dropping resistor)?
I've done that with several older era rigs with good success.
And, in battery operation, your current draw drops.
If you get too much of a "spot effect" in back lighting, roughen
up the front of the lens a wee bit with emery paper.

73
Jonesy
Old May 25th 05, 07:24 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

In my IC-740 I used a small 6V wire-ended lamp (plus resistor)
supplied by a model store presumably meant for use in railway
signals and the like.

73 de Joe, G3LLV

Old May 25th 05, 07:34 PM
Jim Leder

Can be found at:

http://www.kenwoodparts.com/parts/search.php

part number: B30-0845-05

OR, as an alternative fix do this mod:

http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=2928

Jim

Old May 28th 05, 06:14 AM
w4udx

Get a 12V miniature bulb from Radio Shack. They come with leads already
attached and are low current (and low heat). I just used this same bulb in
the meter of an Icom IC-740 I bought at Dayton and it works fine....

Hello, JusLookin!
You wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 10:35:38 -0700:

J Anyone know if this bulb can be cross-referenced to something more
J common, or am I going ot have to buy one from Icom? Mike AB7RU
J To reply via email remove spamnot

With best regards, w4udx. E-mail:

Updated Summer Schedule for Bible Voice Broadcasting Mike Terry Shortwave 0 May 20th 04 07:17 AM
Midland meter replacement ws Swap 0 March 28th 04 02:19 PM
FA: Heathkit SB-401 replacement meter David Stinson Boatanchors 0 January 28th 04 03:27 PM