Old March 15th 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events for Thursday 15 March 2012

QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events

the 2012 Field days are about to start so how do you do your field day
cooking?

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...g&goto=newpost

Just found this review of my field day BBQ cook book,

A Dot of Butter and a Dash of Spice is a new cookbook dedicated to Field
Day culinary delights from UK amateur Steve Norman, M0MVB.

In explaining his new work Steve says that as we all need to eat, he has
combined his love of doing field days and of food by writing a

BBQ cook book aimed at the ham radio operator.

A Dot of Butter and a Dash of Spice" contains 112 recipes in 10 chapters
covering Breakfasts, Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Pork, Fish, nice 'n spicy,
Vegetables, Sauces and Marinades even deserts are there as well as covering
what is the best BBQ to take on field days and loads of other advice.
Priced at £8.96 British Pounds or $15 US dollars, it can be ordered on-line
in the US from lulu.com and other booksellers.

Theres now a 10% discount in place for a little while.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperbac...spice/18881119

N4G Special Event Station March 17th-18th

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...h&goto=newpost

In order to help our community celebrate the 231st anniversary of the
Battle of Guilford Courthouse,North Carolina, and to further practice
emergency communications skills for service to our community, the
Greensboro, NC Amateur Radio Association is collaborating with Guilford
Courthouse National Military Park to host and operate a Special Event
Station to commemorate this event in American history.

The genesis of this idea was an event that is held each year on July 4th,
the "13 Colonies" event where amateur radio operators all over the world
try to make contact with 13 special radio stations, one in each of the
original 13 colonies. Many amateur radio operators in the Greensboro area
participated in this event, and this sparked a discussion about our very
own significant event during the American Revolutionary War, the Battle of
Guilford Courthouse, and how we could help celebrate this important event
in American history.

Every year, the Guilford Battleground Company, a non-profit organization
that is dedicated to the preservation of the land around the site of
Guilford Courthouse, holds a re-enactment of the Battle, and the events
surrounding it. The re-enactors camp out during this time with period
weapons, clothing, and tools.

The station will have the special event call sign of N4G for Nathanael
Greene for the time that we will be operating, which is March 17th -18th,
2012. For more details about the station and the history of the Battle of
Guilford Courthouse, see: www.n4g-gch.org

Put March 17th and 18th 2012 on your ham radio calendar, and listen for the
November Four Golf Special Event Station!

Contact: David Macchiarolo AJ4TF

Greensboro Amateur Radio Association

Invitation Last New-One IOTA NA-240 activation, Alaska May 9-17 expedition

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...n&goto=newpost

Hello,

If you have some time on your hands and would like to participate in
activation of last New-One IOTA island in Alaska (NA-240), we would like to
invite you to be part of out team!

Here is our plans:

Dates around May 9-17, Most of equipment is stored in Bethel. Estimated
3-4 days on the island, rest just travel time and few days for potential
bad weather. It will be fresh, ice still will be floating in Bering Sea.

Travel to Alaska and especially last 100 miles expensive.

As of now Tim NL8F and Yuri N3QQ are members of expedition and potentially
Alex RW3RN and Yuri UA9OBA.

Please contact Yuri Sushkin N3QQ (206)529-5168 for details.

73, Yuri N3QQ

CW4R Gorriti Island

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...d&goto=newpost

The "RADIO CLUB URUGUAYO" will be active as CW4R - Special Event Call -
activating for the first time Isla Gorriti ( IOTA SA-039 --- 34° 57’ 36" S
– 54° 58’ 13" W --- GF25ma ) from 23 - 25th March 2012.

http://dxing.at-communication.com/en...orriti-island/

73 Al 4L5A