apartment antennas and rfi

Old March 3rd 12, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Codenut

Default apartment antennas and rfi

Those of you who are using apartment antenna I would love to know of your
experience.

Now that satellite dishes are allowed on most apartments, is there a trend
to use an MFJ loop antenna?

What are the real results with QRMing satellite dishes?

RFI in apartmements in general?

I am sure that putting a loop where the satellite dishes go would work
great.

What power levels are people using in apartments.

I don't think I would want a loop inside due to high voltages.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

73,

Alan
VY2WU

Old March 3rd 12, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dave

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 10:50:48 -0400, Codenut wrote:

Those of you who are using apartment antenna I would love to know of
your experience.

Now that satellite dishes are allowed on most apartments, is there a
trend to use an MFJ loop antenna?

What are the real results with QRMing satellite dishes?

RFI in apartmements in general?

I am sure that putting a loop where the satellite dishes go would work
great.

What power levels are people using in apartments.

I don't think I would want a loop inside due to high voltages.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

73,

Alan
VY2WU

I like full wave horizontal loops for the low noise receiving, a hiqh Q
transmit antenna on the patio is kind of cool; another type of barbecue.
I'd stick to CW/digimodes and under 100 Watts.
Old March 3rd 12, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tuuk[_3_]

A good tuner helps.

What about getting your appt on the top floor, then you can squeeze
something up top a dipole or two.

you know there are a lot of computer programs that allow you the use of ham
bands online. That is an option.

Any trees around you could rap a wire around? Any grounded towers already on
the roof you can shunt feed?

Some nice omni albanders out there very expensive, just get them high as
possible. Or go mobile, get one of those vehicles with huge antennas on and
drive to the mountain top and do your transmitting there. Lots of
possibilities.

m...

Old March 4th 12, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Edwin Johnson

Those of you who are using apartment antenna I would love to know of
your experience.

73,

Alan
VY2WU

I had a nice cw qso with a fellow in an apartment using a 9:1 unun made by
balundesigns.com to a straight wire off his apartment balcony to a tree.
Such a wire could be made very small and almost invisible, if that is a
possiblity. Also, easy enough to homebrew your own 9:1 balun for such, if
you are inclined.

If you could feed with parallel line, an end-fed zepp might work well, but
would require an end support, such as a tree, and the parallel is more
visible.

If the second support is not practical, many have used coil loaded verticals
off a patio. This could be done with a collapsing fiber glass pole for
removal when not in use.

Both schemes would require a tuner.

73 ...Edwin, KD5ZLB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://bellsouthpwp2.net/e/d/edwinljohnson
Old March 5th 12, 02:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dave

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 16:31:28 +0000, Edwin Johnson wrote:

[...]

A screwdriver antenna may work better than the Hi-Q loop. I'd check at
eham.com reviews.
Old April 10th 12, 07:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml

In article ,
" Tuuk" wrote:

A good tuner helps.

What about getting your appt on the top floor, then you can squeeze
something up top a dipole or two.

you know there are a lot of computer programs that allow you the use of ham
bands online. That is an option.

Any trees around you could rap a wire around? Any grounded towers already on
the roof you can shunt feed?

Some nice omni albanders out there very expensive, just get them high as
possible. Or go mobile, get one of those vehicles with huge antennas on and
drive to the mountain top and do your transmitting there. Lots of
possibilities.

"dave" wrote in message
m...
[...]

i live in an apt, roof is about 200ft up i have several center fed
dipoles, a end fed /sleve dipole, i also had a small multiband beam
all worked great dipoles were fantastic

good luck

Apartment Antenna. SWLO-2010 Shortwave 5 June 14th 07 05:41 PM
SWL in a downtown apartment...(curses!) Art Harris Shortwave 0 March 29th 06 04:07 PM
SWL in a downtown apartment...(curses!) ve3... Shortwave 3 March 29th 06 04:42 AM
apartment antennas Philip Levine Shortwave 14 December 5th 03 06:23 AM
Apartment Antenna Travis A. Scanner 2 October 18th 03 03:09 AM