Old May 8th 17, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default My and DhiaDuet's Summer Vacation Itinerary

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:37:18 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

truewestmagazine.com Were there any outlaws or cowboys who were disabled? ...Boots and shoes that don't fit right definetly will make a cripple out of you. I am goin back to the wagon folks, these boots are killin me! There were 'boot hills' everywhere, unless those people were buried bare footed. If some of those dead people were wearing nice looking boots/shoes, they probally got 'swapped out'

I remember an episode of The Big Valley in which Nick and Heath had a bet and the loser had to break in the new boots of the other. Nick lost. I still laugh recalling Heath slumped in a rocking chair on the porch with his hat pulled down over his eyes snoozing while Nick paced back and forth on the porch wearing Heath's new boots cursing all the way.

After all was said done Nick couldn't walk for a week due to blisters etc. and Heath strutted around in his new comfortable broken in boots with Cheshire cat grin on his face for the rest of the show.

I wish they made television shows as good as then. The libtards got rid of westerns and replaced them with junior has two daddies fare.
Old May 8th 17, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:01:57 AM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

A few days ago I read somewhere on the Internet that the Kansas winter wheat crop is destroyed, because of bad weather. I lived in Salina, Kansas for about three months in the summer of 1957. In 1973 I bought a 1931 Ford Model A car from a guy in Sublette, Kansas. Watchin Hazel on TV. Hazel-Barbaras Uncle. imdb.com link to a poster said, Lord! Its A Mircale! Like A Fart in the Wind, Webpage Up And Gone!

You lived in Salina? Did you ever have a cup of coffee at the Golden Waffle? Bet you took your date there after watching the magic lantern movin picture show at the Jayhawk Theatre didn't ya.

I like that Salina Candy Company building.
Old May 8th 17, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:28:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:01:57 AM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

A few days ago I read somewhere on the Internet that the Kansas winter wheat crop is destroyed, because of bad weather. I lived in Salina, Kansas for about three months in the summer of 1957. In 1973 I bought a 1931 Ford Model A car from a guy in Sublette, Kansas. Watchin Hazel on TV. Hazel-Barbaras Uncle. imdb.com link to a poster said, Lord! Its A Mircale! Like A Fart in the Wind, Webpage Up And Gone!

You lived in Salina? Did you ever have a cup of coffee at the Golden Waffle? Bet you took your date there after watching the magic lantern movin picture show at the Jayhawk Theatre didn't ya.

I like that Salina Candy Company building.

TV shows in Salina came from Wichita. I remember a shampoo TV commercial. They pronounced shampoo as sha-poo. Summertime in that part of Kansas in 1957 was hot and dry climate. Mostly you only sweat under your armpits and neck area. Around here the climate is humid, you sweat all over.
Old May 9th 17, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Golden Waffle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Repr...AOSwax5Y16v h

The Jayhawk Theathttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Repr...AOSwdGFY16q o
Old May 9th 17, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

TV westerns were one damn show after another with of the same old sets,
same old cactus, the same old dull look. People wanted the colors of
NOW (circa 1968). Few people bought an expensive color set to have the
greyscales "enhanced" to various shades of sepia and beige.

Star Trek was largely an old school TV western dressed up with more
interesting visuals and bright primary colors. Even Spock started out
as that familiar TV Western cliche -- the half breed who doesn't quite
fit into either world.

Old May 10th 17, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 9:19:13 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Baloney. For the real reasons behind the decline of the western see
http://www.insp.com/blog/times-changed-tv-westerns/

Demographics and the libtard "anti-violence" agenda were the back breakers. Known as the "Rural Purge" in the industry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge
Old May 10th 17, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

That article is mostly wrong. While it's true that the networks were
trying reduce violence, they DID have looser standards for popular
shows. Hawaii 5-0 and Starsky & Hutch could still have shootouts and
pistol whippings, Bonanza, not so much.

Westerns were also dying in the theaters. They actually were dying out
in the early 60s until temporially revived by the spaghetti westerns.

And there's practically no censorship now. Where's the westerns? We
have zombie splatterfests, serial killer splatterfests, biker
splatterfests, yet hardly a single western.

The audience has changed. Live action cartoons sell, not westerns.

We live in an entertainment world which owes more to Herschell Gordon
Lewis, George Romero and Roger Corman than it owes to John Ford.

Demographics and the libtard "anti-violence" agenda were the back breakers. Known as the "Rural Purge" in the industry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge

More violence than ever, now. Westerns are still moribund.

As far as demographics go, advertisers prefer young people for a
perfectly sensible reason. Older people make their buying decisions
based largely on expirence. They're harder to bull****. Kids don't
know better, yet.

Old May 10th 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

1800s Dodge City newspapers ...An old saying goes, 'He died with his boots on!' Some of them, their boots were placed under their heads (in the coffin) so as to serve as pillows.
Old May 30th 17, 08:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article , writes:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:58:57 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
When you get to Lawrence, you might want to see how things have changed
at some of the sites Herk Harvey used in his movie "Carnival of Souls".

http://www.themoviedistrict.com/carnival-of-souls-1962/

I don't quite share the enthusisiam some film buffs have for Carnival,
but I can see how it influenced the work of George Romero and David
Lynch.

Many years ago listening to Bo Gritiz on the shortwaves I recall him
saying Lawrence (home of the Univ. of Kansas) has one of the largest
gay populations in the nation.

The "Kansas Comet" AKA Gale Sayers ran 99 yds. for a touchdown against
the Univ. of Nebraska Cornhuskers in Lincoln.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9omxdn9HAY

I know it's so because my parents were in the stands watching and told me
all about when they got home.

Gale Sayers has been diagnosed with dementia. Very sad.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-with-dementia

That is too bad.

He went to my high school (before my time). Kinda nice for them to be able to
lay claim to having the all time leading NFL rookie running back.

And they stole him from Omaha North, probably on the basis of having
a great coach and a superior football program

George
Old May 30th 17, 08:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Larry wrote:
saying goes, 'He died with his boots on!' Some of them, their boots
were placed under their heads (in the coffin) so as to serve as pillows.

Made the swap out easier after the crowd had gone home and there were
still only a few shovelfulls of dirt on the coffin.

Memo: DhiaDuet [email protected] Shortwave 21 February 7th 17 02:21 PM
Vacation Logs - 06/13/09 Mike[_2_] Shortwave 95 July 18th 09 07:46 AM
Bush Vacation I AmnotGeorgeBush CB 10 September 20th 05 01:53 AM
OT How I spent my summer vacation David Shortwave 38 September 13th 05 04:28 AM
AKC on vacation U Know Who CB 2 October 2nd 04 07:37 PM