Old August 3rd 03, 07:11 PM
Ed Cregger

Default ICOM 706MKIIG Question

I blew a regulator in my IC-706Mk.IIG driving an Ameritron AL-80A. I was
using Ameritron's device for isolating the radio from the amp circuitry. It
worked perfectly for two weeks and then one day we got a puff of smoke and a
lot of stink from the rig. The isolation circuit that Ameritron sells does
not use a relay, but instead uses a transistor.

To be fair to Ameritron, I had to disconnect the isolation circuit, move the
rig and then reconnect it. It is possible that I hooked it up wrong.

If I had it to do again, I would hire someone to build me a mechanical relay
set up and not have to worry about it again. (My vision is declining -
diabetes).

Ed, NM2K

"Dave Nissen" wrote in message

Greetings

I am attempting to hook a 706MKIIG to a Ameritron AL-811. Could someone
please tell me how this operation is done and what if any relays are
required?

I had the amp connected to a FT-840 and used a Yaesu relay for this
installation, I assume I will need something similar for this one.

Thanks for your time.

73
Dave de W9COP