Old February 1st 04, 10:03 PM
Jennings

Default Daiwa MR750 Rotator Info Needed

Hi all
I have a Daiwa MR750 four motor rotator (three installed) turning my TH6DXX.
The problem is one of intermittent or no indication on the controller. It is
probably the rotator indicator potentiometer. As I don't have any circuit
information, I need to the ohmic value of the pot. The problem may also be
the plastic drive gear that drives it. The gear appears to have worn down
teeth. (Frankly I have the same problem but I am 66!!!)

Looking up Google tells me that others have had similar problems with the MR
750 and I would like to know of any solutions that anybody has come up with.
Perhaps someone out there will have a spare gear or pot in their junkbox?

The rotator is mounted at the base of the tower. I have had it apart two or
three times over the past few years and have cleaned the pot etc. It seems
to work for a few weeks and then goes off track and the indicator swings
wildly about.

Thanks for any help you can offer

73 de Lee ZL2AL - ZL7AA, ZL8RI, ZL9CI, VE3OE, VE3LJ

The worst day DXing is infinitely better than the best day working

Old April 11th 12, 01:44 AM
Junior Member

Good Day Was wondering if this issue was ever corrected. I have the same rotator turning an A4S. Symptoms expressed on this post are very similar to what I am experiencing with mine. Unfortunately I have not seen the response to this post. Can anyone help.
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennings View Post